Bonnet Adjustment Nose Left to Right

I re-installed the bonnet after a cam change, now the bonnet is rubbing as soon as it opens on the front of the right wing. No idea why, since I removed the hinge with the bonnet. With the bonnet closed, the gaps left and right seem a little off. but not much. Very likely pulled in by the latch.

The bonnet hinge has a diagonal brace which does not allow the bonnet to shift left or right. correct?

230073488_BonnetHinge.JPG.982466869bccde414a628040b7ba7594.JPG

What determines the left and right shift of the bonnet ? Do I need to release the front wing? 

Jochem

The three threaded holes on the front of the bonnet are on plates that can shift around a little.  Loosen the bolts and tap the hinges to the side.  You will have to loosen or remove the bolts in the side arms, too.

Ed

Jochem,

Make sure you cable tie the lever back on the latch bracket and then readjust the spring assembly if necessary rather than adjust the bonnet so much that the latch gets stuck - better safe than sorry.

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

So long as you have the vertical height adjusted correctly and the front to back ok. Then with the bonnet open you can push the bonnet from either side as there’s some flexibility in the brackets

I've always had an issue with the bonnet front being lower on the driver's side than the passenger's..

It is on a new chassis so hopefully the body is aligned OK.. Is there any way of lifting just one corner of the bonnet?

cheers

Tim