What goes in this hole?

Items 4,5 and 6 here:

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/heating-ventilation/heaters-vents-fittings/heating-tr2-3a.html

The hexagon headed screw is 1/4" UNC x 1/2" long. 

Peter W

PS Now that is interesting......  The letters in the engine number stamp are bigger than the numbers plus there is a date plate attached with screws  below the stamped area with what could be a date  viz  23.1.58

Discuss

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
51 minutes ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

The hexagon headed screw is 1/4" UNC x 1/2" long. 

Peter W

PS Now that is interesting......  The letters in the engine number stamp are bigger than the numbers plus there is a date plate attached with screws  below the stamped area with what could be a date  viz  23.1.58

Discuss

I think thats actually 23 1 56 which would be TR3 production, the last TR3 produced in 55 was TS 9665 so that data plate would probably match to the build date. Though I dont understand the larger fonts, not a Morgan engine by any chance?

Stuart.

The “E” is not a stamped “E”.

Looks more like it was done with a chisel.

I’ve seen that before somewhere, along with a discussion about it. But I can’t remember where…

I think the “T” may well be the same. Reasoning being that the “S” has serif, the “T” does not.

But what does it all mean?

(Maybe, like myself, the stamper once had a full set of letter stamps, but over the years lost the “T” and the “E”.)

Charlie.

The screw markings on  the casting are pattern makers marks. The wooden pattern had the screws in it. They are reverse imprinted in the casting.

The actual TS etc are most odd. The S is like I have, the T nothing like...the E again very strange.Must find a photo to post.

iain

Edited by iain