Ebay: 'Le Mans TR2' for sale.

Isn't the "wrecked" description of the TR2 just terminology, possibly arrived at by a non native ENGLISH speaker ?

The Americans often refer to "having a wreck" or "the car was wrecked" when they mean that the car was crashed, which is what we would describe if the car was run into a sandbank, which is what happened I believe at Le Mans, the car subsequently worked on during the race and finished the race . If the results were assimilated or translated by a person who was used to American English the description could very possibly include "wrecked". The original Le Mans results (surely which is absolute provenance) confirm that 3 x TR2 finished the race, which is all that can be definitely said, which car this is and what it is still needs confirming. In other clubs there have been countless assertions of cars emerging from the mists of time having been "recreated" from pieces of race machinery damaged and discarded during a race. Defining what is and isn't the original car can often be very difficult.

Mick Richards

I have also heard that there are more mark 1 lotus cortina's in the states than were produced.

Have also seen a race starting grid with 3 E type jags reg no CUT 7

4 hours ago, roy53 said:

I have also heard that there are more mark 1 lotus cortina's in the states than were produced.

Have also seen a race starting grid with 3 E type jags reg no CUT 7

I presume the winner was a CUT above the rest...... Sorry

Bill P's quote about 100 D types actually belongs to Brian Lister who was  I think being interviewed at Goodwood when he said "it was great to 64 of of the 48 cars he built still on the track!"   Also at Goodwood a few years back were the three CUT 7  E- types lined up next to each other in the outer paddock.   In the foyer of a French supermarket a  couple of years ago there was on display what was reputed to be  Lotus mk 1 Cortina for sale  but in reality it was only a GT with a lotus paint job. 

hoges. 

For what it's worth, the thing bid to £60,305.00 with the reserve not met , too much for a clone, too little for a real deal works car, IMO. But assuming the bids were legitimate, you can't really argue with the high bidder. I wonder where it will show up next?

Tom

Perhaps whoever bid £60,305 had not had the benefit of reading the contributions on this subject on our Forum.  Had s/he done so, might not have bid that high, perhaps?

Ian Cornish

On 10/12/2018 at 11:34 AM, Bill.P. said:

It's worse than "difficult", it is downright impossible in many cases...….always remember that of the 55 or so D type Jags built only around 100 still exist  ! !  BP

When I worked for Ford main dealers in accident repair, it was often reported that more Ford Coswoth cars were written off than were ever built and I quite believe the fact.   Chris

PKV 375 was listed by myself on behalf of my father. I put a start price @ £30k to see what interests it generated while we where waiting for a FIA inspection for the cars historic racing passport. This is now complete and should be with us in the next few days. 

The car will be relisted soon,  any further enquirers please don’t hesitate to contact  me garyfishburn@icloud.com

On 10/3/2018 at 3:27 PM, hpremote said:

Hi, all:

Has anyone any thoughts on this car - 'PKV 375'?

Tim.

Hi Tim,

My father lives in Stockton on tees 30 ministers away from you.

If you would like to view the car as well as paperwork and providence you are more then welcome to do so.

Allan can be contacted on 01642 551835 to arrange a viewing.

On 10/21/2018 at 3:40 AM, Garyfishburn said:

PKV 375 was listed by myself on behalf of my father. I put a start price @ £30k to see what interests it generated while we where waiting for a FIA inspection for the cars historic racing passport. This is now complete and should be with us in the next few days. 

The car will be relisted soon,  any further enquirers please don’t hesitate to contact  me garyfishburn@icloud.com

Hi, are you able to share on here some of the providence and which parts of the car are original PKV 375 bits?