Finding original registration

Okay, so a (potentially) positive update on the trace. I arranged for a search by the people at the Devon Records Office for around July/August 1954 and they located one entry for a Triumph of 1991 cc sold by South Devon Garages. The date listed for this car is 30th July 1954 which is the same date that I got from a HPI check on my car using its current reg no. (the V5 document lists the re-registered date of 1996) so hopeful.

The original records show the reg. no. as RTT 487 and an email to/from Bill Piggott says he’s fairly certain it must be he same car due to the few cars sold around there and unlikely 2 would be registered the same date. 

Unfortunately no other details are listed apart from engine number which is different to mine but could have been swapped. Also, the DVLA have RTT 487 as being red (original colour of mine was/is BRG but has been ‘restored’). So nothing to confirm RTT 487 is my car, so if anyone has any knowledge or recollection about a TR2 with reg. RTT 487 I would be really happy to hear.

Thanks.