I have a Clarke trolly jack  MODEL  CTJ1250A  Anyone know where I can get a seal kit ? Machine Mart say these seals are NLA as of 2 years ago

and the current seal kit  for the  CTJ1250 B model is incompatible  Tried Clarkes themselves ~ no go  Any one know of a car jack restoration service 

Thanks robin      gwtr west sussex

I serviced my Sealey trolley jack a while ago, most (if not all) of the seals were 'O' rings, & I was able to replace from my accumulated stock !

Bob.

There is a company in Manchester who used to offer the seals for these small trolley acks.  I'll see if I can find their details.

Rgds Ian

Found it.

The Company was called HTS and I dealt with someone called Barry - his email address was  barryw@hts-ltd.co.uk

The seal I bought was

12mm o/d and 6mm I/d and 6mm thick
Rgds Ian
Edited by Ian Vincent
Additional info plus a typo

forget the repair, buy a replacement from SGS Engineering. 

I bought a 3 Ton jack from them recently for my latest restoration. Compared with my old 2 Ton its really heavy duty. Fantastic bit of kit, would lift a tank.

They do Ally lightweight ones as well. Next day free delivery. Marvellous company to deal with. 

David B 

7 hours ago, cp7535he said:

I have a Clarke trolly jack  MODEL  CTJ1250A  Anyone know where I can get a seal kit ? Machine Mart say these seals are NLA as of 2 years ago

and the current seal kit  for the  CTJ1250 B model is incompatible  Tried Clarkes themselves ~ no go  Any one know of a car jack restoration service 

Thanks robin      gwtr west sussex

Snap same issue here as well tried getting a kit a few years ago no joy. Replaced with seals from Pirtec lasted a few months. I can't bring myself to throw it away as its light and would be good to keep in the boot if your touring anywhere as its so light.

thanks everyone ,  just hoped that a resto bod would have a few seal kits left  however will chase up the info given which  is a great help ~ anyone else having  great tips all will be welcome

robin gwtr

• 2 years later...

Funny to find this old thread as i’m just looking at the internals of my ctj1250A trolley jack which started leaking on monday.

the main / big piston seals appear to measure 26mm id x 2.5 thick

does that sound right Bob?

and do i need ‘special’ seals for a jack or just regular o-rings ( i have a large selection of those!)

steve

Can't comment on the size without dismantling mine ! but as long as the rubber is resistant to oil degredation e.g. viton should be fine. Mine is still leak free.

Bob.