Speedometer Drive Cover on Tunnel

My original (?) cardboard tunnel did not have a separate cover, but it had a strip at the bottom of the tunnel. The speedo drive (A-type OD) was interfering with the card board and damaged that. Probably by 10-15 mm.

I bought a new 2-piece tunnel from Moss, and although it looks nice, it has the same issue. Moss recommends to cut a hole and install a cover. I would not recommend the Moss 2-piece tunnel for that reason. It fits nicely without the speedodrive though.

I am looking for a lid too, or will have to make myself one.

Waldi

4 hours ago, Robert Price said:

Does anyone have the old metal cover that fits on the G/Box tunnel over the speedometer drive? it would save me having to make one.

Rob

Available from Racetorations as are all the other covers and lids, or bungs separately.

Mick Richards

I just bought and fitted a fibreglass cover from Revington TR

Thanks Mick;

in hindsight I should have bought the Racetorations tunnel, as recommended elsewhere on this forum....

Classic example of “you get what you pay for”.

Waldi