Forum auto censorship

Dunno what **** is Stan, thankfully the English language gives me so many 4 letter words the word could be profane, innocent or just plain funny !

There are sites who have "My little pony" standards of language and can't stand adult language levels but in the main the TR site has never been too profane and when it strays has been jumped upon (correctly, by the mods) which seems to have suited us all fine. Can you not use more mundane language to describe the 4 letter word so it can't be discriminated by auto censure, add in numbers or random other letters, the human eye and brain normally unscrambles so all get the drift anyway.

Mick Richards 

That what I did with the post that tripped me up. I typed **** and the forum replaced it with ****. I went back and edited it to add a strategically placed dot to trip up the algorithm. Now it reads cr.ap instead of ****

My wife was a moderator on a disney forum that turns Dick van Dyke into **** van ****. Lets see what this forum does with that..

8 hours ago, foster461 said:

That what I did with the post that tripped me up. I typed **** and the forum replaced it with ****. I went back and edited it to add a strategically placed dot to trip up the algorithm. Now it reads cr.ap instead of ****

My wife was a moderator on a disney forum that turns Dick van Dyke into **** van ****. Lets see what this forum does with that..

Lol :lol:

Yep, "My little pony" auto censure, good fun to get around as you did, I just ignore it and don't get too fussed by it's inclusion, it will be part of the new system package.

Mick Richards

That must be one of the most helpful posts for some time.  Many thanks (Now I can't post an emoji!!) :)

************ definitely isn't on the list so I think I can feel free to use it.

I wonder if it picks up titration, plumbum and (horrors) scunthorpe