Door mirror bullet type

I would take that as a no Im afraid. Most of the bullet types arent good on the passenger side for adjustment.

Stuart.

I have bullitt style mirrors on mine, they are not good for adjustment or view.

I have been looking for replacements and have not found any that are that good, so am thinking of changing to the type that Tom recommend in the previous post.

Brian

Edited by brian -r
39 minutes ago, Fireman049 said:

Hi nylen ~

I would recommend this type of mirror. I have these fitted to my 1965 'E'-type Jaguar. These are door fitting mirrors.

Both mine have Convex glass fitted. Mine are TEX mirrors.

Tom.

Screenshot 2018-09-29 17.36.07.png

Go for these fit & forget.

Cheers

Mike

If you want bullet, then you need ones that adjust or the near side just gives you a great view of the hedges rushing past. I put up with that for 18 months and then found these.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-OE-Fit-Adjustable-Classic-Polished-Chrome-Car-Door-Bullet-Torpedo-Mirrors/172675626838?epid=26003135982&hash=item283444f756:g:9coAAOSwLsBZQQhd

I have had them on my 5 for the last 6 months and they are better than I expected. Probably not as good as the larger ones others recommend, but I am happy.

Mike

As above for "bullet" mirrors they are next to useless. If you are fitting door mirrors to a "6" that hasn't had them before line up the passenger side first and take the drivers side reference points for fitting from that, mine had a drivers side fitted when I bought it and I foolishly used the same positioning on the passenger side when I fitted one and it was totally obscured by the screen pillar requiring repositioning  further back and resulting in two wrongly drilled holes.

Edited by Cew
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:39 PM, Fireman049 said:

Hi nylen ~

I would recommend this type of mirror. I have these fitted to my 1965 'E'-type Jaguar. These are door fitting mirrors.

Both mine have Convex glass fitted. Mine are TEX mirrors.

Tom.

Screenshot 2018-09-29 17.36.07.png

I had the above mirrors on my TR, which were originally for BL Marina cars! I found that they were subject to vibration and the field of view was not very good? On a trip to the USA I saw a number of TRs at a local club meet with MX 5 Mirrors fixed to their doors. I tested 2 cars and was shocked at the field of view. They covered 4 to 5 lanes of freeway no problem and these are what I changed to when I had to cut out 2 rust scabs on my doors. They are very good if you go on a European holiday, you do not have to keep asking the passenger is it safe to over take? and they are not subject to dazzle but of course the purists would not like them, also great in London traffic at spotting cyclists on the near side!

Bruce.

I have these from Car Builder solutions, possibly more period for earlier cars but a good field of view and work fine on the nearside.

https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/chrome-rectangular-pedestal-mirror-135mm

Stuart.post-3753-0-45028000-1526289046_thumb.jpg

4 hours ago, stuart said:

I have these from Car Builder solutions, possibly more period for earlier cars but a good field of view and work fine on the nearside.

https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/chrome-rectangular-pedestal-mirror-135mm

Stuart.post-3753-0-45028000-1526289046_thumb.jpg

And you have 2 pairs of extra eyes:)