HI All

I went to a so called "Swapmeet" near Salmon Arm in B.C. last week and found amongst the abandoned cars there at the back, a Henry J car, a Valiant Barracuda, and a 1968 Studebaker Avanti with a very striking front end and a rear window that almost looked like a Jensen Interceptor. The Valiant had a similar rear window which I am told you can still get a replacement for as many people saved theirs when they sent the car for scrap. There was also a Monaco in yellow which was rebuilt and for sale which  I think is a Mercury model, no price on the ad in the window.

I also met and talked with three guys who each has a 1932 Ford Pickup but did not bring them along as it was raining and their cars are all in superb condition as they told me.

BTW. There were Mazda MX5´s all over the place there, but I only saw one TR6 and one MGA, in the three weeks we were there. I hired a "small" car which turned out to be a newish Dodge Charger with only 12000 kms. on the clock the same as the cops drive which went like stink when you floored it,  and when driving sedately I ended up with a procession of cars behind me all thinking I was a rozzer. We also met in a cafe, a couple who had just moved back from Alaska where he was a State Trooper and now he was back he is a member of RCMP (a real rozzer).

Beautiful B.C. it really is, as it says on their number plates. The lake were we were, went 100 miles long, all the way down to the USA border and still further on in there, mountains and dense trees everywhere.

Dave

i went to a so called "Swapmeet"

Beautiful BC brings back sweet memories, I went there fly fishing in the Rockies just across the border with Alberta for trout and the Skeena region for steelhead many many times in September. Besides the excellent fishing, BC is everything the folders show you, scenic surroundings, and much more!

Waldi

Edited by Waldi
7 hours ago, Waldi said:

Beautiful BC brings back sweet memories, I went there fly fishing in the Rockies just across the border with Alberta for trout and the Skeena region for steelhead many many times in September. Besides the excellent fishing, BC is everything the folders show you, scenic surroundings, and much more!

Waldi

Yep, certainly is!

Cheers

Graeme (in BC)

Aha Geame,

your’e a lucky person.

Canada/ BC is THE place where I could imagine myself living. Think we went there 15 times, always in fall.

I see you live on VC Island, we fished there too, but we were not very succesful, the water was too low, Coho’s were sailing in the estruaries. Had a bear encounter at Stamp river, not too close but he/she followed me for 100 meter, so I will remember that forever, I was probably in his/her territory.We hope to go back to BC in the future.

All the best,

Waldi

Hi Waldi,

If you come to BC again let me know and we can meet up. BTW, I lived in Hellevoetsluis and Brielle for some time while working at the Esso Botlek refinery back in the '80s. Really enjoyed my time in the Netherlands.

Cheers

Graeme

1 hour ago, doretti said:

Hi Dave,

Was the swapmeet at Tappen? I bought some useful bits and pieces there a couple of years ago.

Did you get to Drakes Motors and talked to Bill,  if you visited Kelowna?

Ken

Hi Ken

Yes it was Tappen, but no interesting British parts there. I did not visit Drake´s this time as I did not have a car at that time only went on the bus from Vernon, no where near them in KLO road, only went to Orchard Place on a fools errand.

Dave

17 hours ago, Waldi said:

Thanks for the offer Greame,

another morivation to visit BC again:)

Cheers,

Waldi

Hi Wald

we did go to Scotch Creek to see the salmon run but it was too early in the season so not many to be seen, but the stench from dead rotting salmon we did not need.

Dave

Hi Dave,

yes, the rotting process of the salmon gives quite a smell.

Another thing:

I think there is something wrong with the new PM system,

I can read a PM between you and Ken! I will report this to Wayne Scott but only if ok for you.

let me know if ok.

Waldi

On 10/1/2018 at 2:48 PM, Waldi said:

Hi Dave,

yes, the rotting process of the salmon gives quite a smell.

Another thing:

I think there is something wrong with the new PM system,

I can read a PM between you and Ken! I will report this to Wayne Scott but only if ok for you.

let me know if ok.

Waldi

Hi Waldi

O-K- to contact Wayne----Thanks

Dave

Dave, thanks;

I informed Wayne via a pm. It looks to me that a pm conversation between you and myself was posted in this topic, including a pm conversation with another member.

I guess one of us (or both) made an error, since I was under the impression I responded to a pm.

Have other members had similar experience?

Thanks all,

Waldi

After a conversation with Wayne, we think this was caused by the notification (and sound) we get from the “system” if someone quotes your post on the open forum. Be careful not to confuse this with a pm. Hope this helps.

Waldi

Edited by Waldi
On 10/5/2018 at 8:14 AM, Waldi said:

After a conversation with Wayne, we think this was caused by the notification (and sound) we get from the “system” if someone quotes your post on the open forum. Be careful not to confuse this with a pm. Hope this helps.

Waldi

Hi Waldi 

Thanks for the info.

Dave

Your’e welcome Dave.

The new system can be a bit confusing, we have to get used to it.

Cheers,

Waldi