Derbyshire Dales Group

I acquired my first true sports car today, a 1973 TR6. The first thing I noticed was a Derbyshire Dales Group sticker in the history file that came with it. As I live in the Peak District I hope to be coming to the Group in November (I'm away in October) and I look forward to enjoying being in like minded company. Would anyone know if there may be a record of my car anywhere on the TR Register? e.g search by chassis no, engine no, etc.,

Thanks,

MrG  (best I could for a user name) most I would have used were in use already.

MrG, congrats re the TR6 purchase and welcome to the forum. The forum software has a personal message feature. If you send a PM to saffrontr you will reach Derek Graham the TR6 registrar. He will at least tell you if we have seen this TR6 before and if you join the TR Register (highly recommended)  he may tell you more if he has more history.

Stan

Hi Stan & Roger

Thank you for your replies, both very useful to a newcomer. I will be joining tomorrow and will definitely contact Derek Graham.

My name is Robert but everyone knows me as Bob. Very common:)) 

Thanks again for your help

Well Bob - lucky you living in the Peak District and having all those 'country lanes and by-ways' to enjoy your 6 - we (Triumph Classic Owners Club - Ireland) have spent a few good Summers post IWE in the Dales basing ourselves in Upper Hulme near Leek and hope to return there this year if the IWE is based near there.

Welcome Bob

Don't be afraid to ask , even if you think your question is stupid (I've asked plenty in my time on here) you will always find someone with a similar experience.

A TR6 is great fun especially where you live but like any 45year old car, they can throw their toy's out of the pram on occasion and in some strange ways.

Enjoy your car and the forum

Cheers

Brian

Edited by brian -r

Hi MrG

Note you are in the Derbyshire Dales. We have a very active sociial scene  here / hive of TR knowledge / banter.  Our 'end of season run ' is 14th October  - you mentioned you are away, pre- Xmas event in December (additional to the monthly meets) - other events already marked up for 2019.  You will be made welcome at our well attended (including ladies) regular monthly meet 2nd Wednesday each month at the Amber Hotel, Oakerthorpe (members attend from well into the Peak area). See TRAction or TR Register website for (Derbyshire Dales Group) details, pictures, etc.

Hope to see you all.