Accuspark Distributor

Just bought the cheap one. E.g no tacho drive running on points. Seems to work and amazingly low cost if you consider the parts. 

Bought as a spare. 

Tim

This is just a spare to put in the boot if my ignition system goes wrong on my long european trips. 

So don't mind about the tachometer. 

Cheers

tim

I bought one unit with points just for testing or running in engines

on my bench. Easy to fit and reliable.

There is also an offer from an competitor of simonbbc with a 45 distributor

with tacho drive also at a good price. Fitted one to an engine I prepared.

They are all cheap Chinese but they are new and they work.

Great for a spare part!

6 minutes ago, TriumphV8 said:

I bought one unit with points just for testing or running in engines

on my bench. Easy to fit and reliable.

There is also an offer from an competitor of simonbbc with a 45 distributor

with tacho drive also at a good price. Fitted one to an engine I prepared.

They are all cheap Chinese but they are new and they work.

Great for a spare part!

Put one on an oscilloscope and see what you find. Martin Jay (Distributor Doctor) will tell you how inaccurate they are and how much scatter there is. Yes they will work but nowhere near as good as a properly rebuilt and setup Lucas

As stated good for a get you home spare.

Stuart.

Hi Bill

I bought one of these with the Sparkrite elecronic ignition fitted a few weeks ago, they are not as robust as a Lucas, the plate on the back fell off when I fitted the tacho cable exposing the nylon drive cog but I pressed it back in with a hammer and its been running fine ever since, done about 400 miles so far, they are cheap and have the tacho drive!, good to carry as a spare.

9 hours ago, trtechie said:

Hi Bill

I bought one of these with the Sparkrite elecronic ignition fitted a few weeks ago, they are not as robust as a Lucas, the plate on the back fell off when I fitted the tacho cable exposing the nylon drive cog but I pressed it back in with a hammer and its been running fine ever since, done about 400 miles so far, they are cheap and have the tacho drive!, good to carry as a spare.

Thats exactly what happened to a friends TR6 dizzy as well  but we didn't have time to mess about so put the old one back in - not very impressive but I think it would be fairly easy to do some mods to hold plate in place ie araldite, peen over etc

Cheers

Rich

22 hours ago, stuart said:

Put one on an oscilloscope and see what you find. Martin Jay (Distributor Doctor) will tell you how inaccurate they are and how much scatter there is. Yes they will work but nowhere near as good as a properly rebuilt and setup Lucas

As stated good for a get you home spare.

Stuart.

The DD gave them the thumbs down and was very vocal on their accuracy of operation! I got a real ear bending when I mentioned the subject! 

Bruce. 

Hi All

Slightly off topic but a similar dissy question, as in what to do with the mine.

So Car has been unused for an age and in bits for almost as long, so the dissy has been in a box. The car has about 80k on the clock which may or may not be correct.

So how do i tell if the dissy needs a rebuild and whats does that cost if it does.

I suppose i could just stick my existing Lucas one with new points and condenser and a new (red) rotor arm and hope for the best when its time to fire it up, one day, hopefully sometime soon.

Cheers

Keith

As your doing a full rebuild why not have the Dizzy done properly too, so many people spend thousands on rebuilt engine etc and just slap the old dizzy back in. Send it to Martin Jay (Distributor Doctor) http://www.distributordoctor.com/

At the mileage quoted it will need a rebuild, cost about £230 now but well worth it.

Stuart.