Revington Overhead Linkage

I’m fitting Revington’s Overhead Throttle Linkage, the instructions say to adjust the main rod so that the levers will fall under their own weight, whilst I can have the rod rotating easily, the levers won’t fall. Has anyone else achieved this or is it simply not that critical?

Ian

Ian,

Do you mean that if you disconnect each of the three vertical links from the butterflies to the throttle linkage then the butterflies will not close under their own springs?

My butterfly pairs certainly snap shut when disconnected in this way.

If you mean the Revington's rod will not rotate to the closed position under its own weight, mine closes (not snaps) without any spring or throttle cable attached. If it is the rod then you might need to align the bushes through the three support brackets better until the rod is  what is described as free-no-play.

Smooth pickup from stationary is the bugbear of the TR6 and the throttle linkage is indeed critical to  driveability. Once fitted and adjusted I also have a medium strength spring on the rod to ensure the mechanism and butterflies snap shut.

Alan

Edited by barkerwilliams

Alan, the instructions say that when you fit the main assembly, the levers should drop under their own weight if you raise them, this is without any rods or springs being attached. My rod rotates perfectly but the levers don’t drop without a push. The butterflies aren’t attached at this time so they’re not an issue, mine close just fine anyway.

‘Cos I’m at work Andrew, posting on here is far easier ;)