Forward deck - and caps

Hi

I just ordered some new forward deck pieces plus the caps - admittedly from different suppliers. From a brief glance, they don't look a massively good fit. Has anyone had issues with them?

I'm struggling to show it with photos, but the new pieces have a more gradual slope down to the top of the B post than original.

Also (stupid question coming up) which of the two photos below is the right way to fit the caps. All photos are for the lhs of the car.

Thanks all.

post-13702-0-68642500-1537297341_thumb.jpg

post-13702-0-10166100-1537297363_thumb.jpg

post-13702-0-18227300-1537297378_thumb.jpg

FWIW It looks as if your original deck extensions have already been repaired at the front end but those deck extensions dont look very clever at the ends. I always lead mine in after welding them on.

Stuart.

post-3753-0-92052600-1537345572_thumb.jpg

post-3753-0-16501400-1537345634_thumb.jpg

Thanks again, all.

Stuart. There are two issues with the new extensions: the rake at the ends and the fact they're not as deep. I'm going to take a view at the weekend whether I make good the originals or put the new ones on.

Separately, if anyone has any views on whether it's possible to find the ignition lock number in order to get a key cut, I posted that query (I've had a few recently!) elsewhere.

Really appreciate the help people provide on this forum.

Cheers, Mark