Another MOT pass - as RBRR looms!

The car passed yesterday with no advisories. The young mechanic was kind enough to say that it was a pleasure to test. I've no intention of claiming exemption - it makes sense to me for another pair of eyes to give the car the annual once over.

From Friday 5th to Sunday 7th October I will be giving the 4A its 22nd outing since 1974 on Club Triumph's Round Britain Reliability Run. As last time the start and finish location will be Knebworth Park, just off J7 of the A1(M) I attach a list of all the controls and respective opening times; I recognise that many of these times are somewhat unsocial but if anyone cares to see some very nice Triumphs and encourage us on our way you would be most welcome. At the last count we have 138 cars taking the start, ranging from a 1981 Acclaim to a 1936 Gloria Southern Cross roadster, the latter entered by a Belgian member, Dirk - he has form having successfully completed the previous two events in a 1950 Renown saloon!

Our chosen charity this time is Epilepsy Research UK, in memory of Martin Randle, a prominent Club member who sadly passed away last June from complications following a fit. There are several TR Register members taking part this year. If you are not already supporting one of these team and would like to help this good cause please visit my team's web page: www.justgiving.com/tim-hunt4

Thanks very much,

Tim

post-9073-0-54070900-1537258412_thumb.jpg

The car passed yesterday with no advisories. The young mechanic was kind enough to say that it was a pleasure to test. I've no intention of claiming exemption - it makes sense to me for another pair of eyes to give the car the annual once over.

From Friday 5th to Sunday 7th October I will be giving the 4A its 22nd outing since 1974 on Club Triumph's Round Britain Reliability Run. As last time the start and finish location will be Knebworth Park, just off J7 of the A1(M) I attach a list of all the controls and respective opening times; I recognise that many of these times are somewhat unsocial but if anyone cares to see some very nice Triumphs and encourage us on our way you would be most welcome. At the last count we have 138 cars taking the start, ranging from a 1981 Acclaim to a 1936 Gloria Southern Cross roadster, the latter entered by a Belgian member, Dirk - he has form having successfully completed the previous two events in a 1950 Renown saloon!

Our chosen charity this time is Epilepsy Research UK, in memory of Martin Randle, a prominent Club member who sadly passed away last June from complications following a fit. There are several TR Register members taking part this year. If you are not already supporting one of these team and would like to help this good cause please visit my team's web page: www.justgiving.com/tim-hunt4

Thanks very much,

Tim

RBRR 2018 Controls.JPG

Hi Tim

Look forward to seeing you at Knebworth and Roger, this is an event especially formulated for the silly old fools among us. Who else would do it?!

Kevin