Bonnet movement when driving

Hi All,

Now that I am getting used to my TR6 (only had it a few weeks) I took it out yesterday and drove it hard. Noticed that the passenger side of the bonnet moves about quite a bit, this is really noticeable at the windsceen end. Only seems to do it when chucking it around on twisty, bumpy country roads.

Anybody else have this, any advice ?

Thanks.

Mark.

The bonnet should move along with the car hopefully in the same direction!????

However there is at the aft end in the corners rubber cones, they may be missing or out of adjustment.

Part number.612962

Beat me to it Mark!

Edited by DaveN

If you are working on tightening the bonnet by adjusting the bonnet catch nut I'd suggest you make sure that the release cable mechanism is in good condition and consider installing an emergency release if you don't already have one.

Also make sure that all the hinge bolts at the front of the bonnet are present and tight.

Make sure you also have the correct rubber wedges fitted along each side of the bonnet in the rain channels and check the adjustment and location of the rear rubber cones as they need to fit snugly into the circular housings under the rear of the bonnet.Also make sure you have the rear rubber seal across the lip of the rear rain channel.

Stuart.