Clutch slave bleed nipple

Hi,

Just done a clutch master cylinder rebuild, all went well and then on to bleeding the clutch hydraulics, it's working but I felt there was still air in the system at the end.

I have now realised that the P.O. has got the bleed nipple at the bottle of the slave cylinder, and I'm sure this is my bleeding issue.

Do I have to rotate the whole slave cylinder 180 degrees or can I swap the nipple with the hose joint? I only ask as I've just just cleaned up and want to be prepared when I correct it tomorrow (and give my other half a break from the pedal pumping as she was beginning to complain!)

Many thanks

Gareth

Hi Roger,

One thing I noticed when I was underneath, the nut sizes were different, the bleed nipple being smaller, hopefully the threads will be the same though and I can just swap.

Unfortunately you will have to turn the slave around, unless, The threads are actually the same, but the slave is faced off for the rubber pipe connection with I presume is for a copper washer.

You may have to check yours and see if both faces are machined, probably not unfortunately.

Johnpost-4191-0-31147400-1536946985_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately you will have to turn the slave around, unless, The threads are actually the same, but the slave is faced off for the rubber pipe connection with I presume is for a copper washer.

You may have to check yours and see if both faces are machined, probably not unfortunately.

John IMG_1934.JPG

Thanks John, appreciate you posting that picture, I now know what to look for, hopefully one way or another I can get it set up the right way.

Gareth

Update:

Just went for rotating the slave cylinder by 180 degrees, as I couldn't see whether both sides are machined or not, seems to have bled properly (and quickly) and a nice firm pedal after.

Cheers

Gareth

Great idea Bob, thanks for sharing your experience and wisdom in this, certainly going to have to call on her again, so I better sort something out!