Steering Upper Tie Rod missing

Hi,

I'm in the process or replacing the dash crash pads and renovating the dash, gauges etc on my 72 CP, when I start to instal the steering column I find my steering 'upper tie rod' is missing. Rimmer's ( Cat No:622137) and Moss no longer supply these, has any one else come across this and can either advise where I can get one or have the dimension so I can make one.

Many Thanks Phil

Hi,

I'm in the process or replacing the dash crash pads and renovating the dash, gauges etc on my 72 CP, when I start to instal the steering column I find my steering 'upper tie rod' is missing. Rimmer's ( Cat No:622137) and Moss no longer supply these, has any one else come across this and can either advise where I can get one or have the dimension so I can make one.

Many Thanks Phil

Hi Phil, I would speak to TR G B or the TR Shop to see if they have a second hand one!

Bruce.

This tie rod is not fitted to cars with a steering lock on the column. Mine does not have it.

The upper one is its the lower one that gets replaced with the torque strap on steering lock equipped cars.

Stuart.

The upper one is its the lower one that gets replaced with the torque strap on steering lock equipped cars.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart. That's interesting because my 74 didn't have one and the Rimmer's website says

Upper Tie Rod - 622137
gridtooltip.gif
Qty Req-1, Model-Models Without Steering Locks

I'll have to try to find one for mine. Where does it attach at the top?

Cheers

Edited by SeanF

Thanks Stuart. That's interesting because my 74 didn't have one and the Rimmer's website says

Upper Tie Rod - 622137
gridtooltip.gif
Qty Req-1, Model-Models Without Steering Locks

I'll have to try to find one for mine. Where does it attach at the top?

Cheers

There is a captive nut in the plenum next to where the rod for the vent flap would go through if fitted, above the wiper wheel box access cover plate.

Stuart.