TR4a Wiper Angle and Parts

Evening all

The phospher bronze bearing between the arm and gear shaft on my DR3a has worn right through. Probably when the car was in permanent use. It's damaged the shaft slightly but will probably clean up enough to re-use.

I thought TR4a's were 110 degree as standard, but mine is 120 degree. I do have a really good con DR3a as a spare but it's fitted with a 100 degree gear.

So questions are: Are 120 degree gears standard for the 4a, and are they available new anywhere ?

Is the arm or bushing available as separate components? If not I can rob these from the

other DR3a

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

120 dgree is god for the 4A. Have a look at the SVC website for wiper pars. Maybe Moss will have some parts.

Roger

I think these are for TR6 - hmm

https://www.s-v-c.co.uk/category/wiper-systems-and-parts/

Thanks Roger looks like correct gear then..I might end up doing what youve done and fit a 6 Motor..btw can you not clip the brass contact on 180 d or rotate the cap 180? for correct Park ?

Kevin

If I understood correctly you have a worn out big-end bush in the crank-arm.

I just made a batch of these and have plenty of crank-arms available.

Anybody that changes from the original 75568 motor can sell it to me. I am always looking for these.

120 degrees is original but 110 works OK. Your passenger may moan about the view.

If I understood correctly you have a worn out big-end bush in the crank-arm.

I just made a batch of these and have plenty of crank-arms available.

Anybody that changes from the original 75568 motor can sell it to me. I am always looking for these.

120 degrees is original but 110 works OK. Your passenger may moan about the view.

Hi Alan

I'd be interested in a bushing and an arm if you have them available, so please PM me with cost. I have a really good DR3a motor I picked up from a local Autojumble stand. I've borrowed the bush and arm from this one, but it's either NOS or hardly used so I would like to replace the bits.

My brother as a passenger on the RBRR will moan anyway, so one more thing to moan about will hardly notice tbh!

Kevin

Regards

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

if your wipers fail on the RBRR do as I did whilst on Lewis (Outer Hebrides).

Remove the wiper motor drive - quite easy, 10 minutes work.

Using a length of string (boot laces) join the wipers so they sit nicely vertical and then bring the ends into the cabin - not perfect but it works.

Roger

Hi Kevin,

if your wipers fail on the RBRR do as I did whilst on Lewis (Outer Hebrides).

Remove the wiper motor drive - quite easy, 10 minutes work.

Using a length of string (boot laces) join the wipers so they sit nicely vertical and then bring the ends into the cabin - not perfect but it works.

Roger

Thanks Roger tip taken on board. Now you've said it I'll probably need it! :o