If your pads are the ones with 2 pin holes that hold the pad into the calliper, I think they should be the same as mine for my 5, I get them from Rally Design in Kent.

Part number MGB633 but you will have to make the pin holes bigger to take the imperial pins.

John

1144 often sqeal!

Not if they are bedded in correctly.....

Well I put on new discs with them & bedded in exactly as instructed by people who know & had very bad squealing despite trying various shims, different grease & whatever else anybody suggested! Went to 1109 material, squeal immediately gone & pads work as well as 1144!

Hi Tom,

Please explain what the correct procedure is for bedding the pads in.

Regards, Colin

1. Clean discs with brake cleaner or other solvent.

2. 3/4 light applications 30mph down to 0mph.

M1144; 3. 6/7 steady applications 70mph down to 30mph.

M1155; 3. 8/9 steady applications 90mph down to 30mph.

M1166; 3. 9/10 steady applications 90mph down to 30mph.

4. Leave to cool as long as possible (They now work from cold).

+ 1 Tom on the mark again.

And a home grown addition, if the disc have been polished by harsh use " glaze bust" the disc surface with 80 grit ( face mask please of course), both sides before commencing.

Mick Richards

Edited by Motorsport Mickey

Hello, I have Mintex 1144 and Revingtons DBA Discs on my 4a, followed the bedding in process to the letter, and anti squal pads and plenty of Copper Slip, I don't drive like a hooligan but I get brake squeal and it only seems to happen in built up areas with loads of people around, so slow speed braking, I am going back to my Green Stuff EBC, cheers, Andrew

Edited by AndrewMAshton

Mine squeely a bit but I quite like they way it alerts people to the presence of a small British sports car. Particularly those guys in big 4WD.

Wow, Conrad, that's serious money !

I feel lucky to have a few sets of NOS pads (yes, with asbestos) on my cars and in stock.

Edited by Chris59

Hello, I have Mintex 1144 and Revingtons DBA Discs on my 4a, followed the bedding in process to the letter, and anti squal pads and plenty of Copper Slip, I don't drive like a hooligan but I get brake squeal and it only seems to happen in built up areas with loads of people around, so slow speed braking, I am going back to my Green Stuff EBC, cheers, Andrew

Exactly the same scenario as I had Andrew! I went to Mintex 1109 from Revington rather than the Green Stuff.

How's lovely Harrogate by the way? We spent several visits up there a few years ago. Super area.

Cheers.

Hello Monty, Harrogate is fine, a bit wet today but it didn't stop me doing a couple of jobs on the car, never ending but I suppose that's why we own the cars!, Cheers, Andrew

I fitted a set of 1144 pads (NOT NOS!) which were bedded in as above. They were great, but annoyingly squealed at low speed in town.

The shims were a bit corroded, so I bought and fitted a set of OE style anti squeal shims in stainless from TRE, together with a good smear of brake grease (Ceratec), and no problems since.

Mike