Le Mans and Spa 6 hours

Off on a well deserved break. Historic meeting at Le Mans. Bert Smeets in his Chevron and Chris Marx in the V8 group 44 car.

Spa six hours who else will be there. Got my tent but if anyone has a spare sofa ?

Hoping to scatter some of Alec's ashes on the long straights of old from his Chevron days.

Have a great weekend at Spa Diane. I'm sure Alec would appreciate being 'in some corner of a foreign field circuit' :D

I hoped to make Spa this year, as a 60th Birthday present to myself but I've had to 'bin' it due to work pressures. Maybe next year...................

Was a pleasure Diane, to have you at the track.

Every muscle hurts from driving that car on the podium, and my right ear seems a little deaf. Maybe the ear plug wasn't sitting well.

Edited by MadMarx

Much nicer Christian, power going down earlier and the car balancing upon the throttle in the faster corners, getting there now. The engine sounds sweet and is giving good power.

Mick Richards

41510370_2158384684235071_80510405227703

That looks busy.

Mick Richards

That looks busy.

Mick Richards

Nice selection of cars on that grid. Good too see you are at the front and out of the way of trouble.

Keep the videos coming.

H

Thanks for all your replies. I found a spot on the Mulsanne that is armedcoed off all year close to the chicane. A little shumac tree was there. A will get the wind in his hair twice a year.

Many thanks to madman and the YTCC guys and girls who made me so welcome.

Touring gently across to Spa. Chillier night tonight as heading north now.

I will Dd a few photos when home.

Bert is competing at Spa in his Chevron. A was recounting test set up on the old long circuit to Tom only last year. Life's coincidences. . .

Edited by V8 Lady