Shipping my car from the UK back to US - any recommendations?

I'm beginning to think about shipping my TR4A back to the US - exactly where I imported it from in the 1990's. I am the same owner - in the US originally, in the UK, and will continue owning it in the States.

Anyone with recent experience either way? My car is probably going to be shipped to Boston. I know RoRo is cheaper but what about possible damage? Last time I shipped a car (14 years ago) I did a partial container and that arrived fine.

The interesting wrinkle here is that the car was shipped as part of my "personal possessions" in the 1990's; I would bring it back under the same heading - if possible. That said, I also still have the US plates and the reg for them is still valid!

Anyway, trying to get an idea of a preferred shipper, means of shipping and any other helpful suggestions. Thank you!

Hi Ron(?),

It's a long time ago now, but when I moved out to Canada back in 2000 I shipped my Porsche 356 along with my other "personal possessions" which included a Norton motorcycle. I used Pickfords and everything went in containers rather than sending the car RoRo. There was an all-in price and, tbh, I don't remember it being particularly expensive to include the car when considering the whole cost.

I'm thinking that someone will have more recent experience...

Tim

Kingstown Shipping in Hull have a good reputation of bring cars from the US so no reason to think they couldnt do the same in reverse.http://www.kingstown-shipping.co.uk/

TR Bitz use them and I believe they bought my TR4a back

Stuart.

David Ferry and Tony Sheach each have shipped a number of cars and parts from the USA to the UK.

David does keep an eye on the Forum, so, if he spots this, may contact you via PM.

In fact, I've sent an email to each of them, so watch out for a PM.

Ian Cornish