Making brake pipes - metric connections?

I'm remaking some of the TR7 DHC brake pipes using a roll of kunifer piping; I'm assuming the brass connectors will have to be metric? (Years of old Triumphs left me with a garage full of imperial connectors, and I know some of the cars are actually a mixture of both, so just confirming!)

Triumph seemed to change from Imperial to Metric brake fittings in 1972, so your TR7 will be metric.

How do I know? My '72 GT6 has both types of fitting, guess the factory was using up whatever parts were lying around as my car went down the track.

Nigel

Thanks Nigel; the late GT6 was the car I had in mind due to the Imperial fastenings and metric brake components. With the TR7 starting in the almost the same year the GT6 ended, I wouldn't have been surprised at a mixture of parts.

Any idea of the size? M10 or M12? (I don't need a full kit, am just remaking one from pressure reducing valve through the front wing)

I don't know the metric thread size for certain. 11mm spanner (I think) so that world be M7 but I could be wrong. Sorry not to be more help.

By the way, is that Colin, TSSC Herald registrar? In which case hi, good to chat, remember meeting at Stafford a few years ago.

Nigel

Edited by Nigel Triumph

They are indeed metric , I simply used the ones off the shelf at Halfords on my 1979 TR7 V8.

I'm running SD1 callipers and drums but absolutely no reason why they should be different to standard TR7 ones.

https://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/garage-equipment/fuses-electricals-fixings/halfords-brake-pipe-unions-metric-male

https://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/garage-equipment/fuses-electricals-fixings/halfords-brake-pipe-unions-metric-female

I don't know the metric thread size for certain. 11mm spanner (I think) so that world be M7 but I could be wrong. Sorry not to be more help.

By the way, is that Colin, TSSC Herald registrar? In which case hi, good to chat, remember meeting at Stafford a few years ago.

Nigel

Yes, Nigel, you got me!! it's great over here, I can admit I know nothing and ask lots of basic questions.

Thanks too, Wayne, for the Halfords pointer; I'll call in there this afternoon as although I don't have a local branch I'll be close to another one later. I must remember not to mix the two threads, as I'll probably store them too close to my Imperial ones an forget at a later date.