Start up after long layup

I'm going to try and get my project car running after a very long layup, planning an oil/filter change, new points plugs, condenser, tank flush and clean, new fuel filter, check fuel lines, but my question is should I clean the injectors ? wasn't planning anything too invasive but thought about soaking them in fresh fuel for 24Hrs then blowing out with an air line ..........wasting my time ?

Will have the fire extinguisher standing by as well !

You don't mention but I assume will provide, fresh fuel?

Has it been idle so long that modern lead-free, 5% alcohol fuel will (has?) rotted rubber components?

Plus the usual 'new engine' turn over without plugs to get the oil distributed and pressure up?

Go for it!

John

You don't mention but I assume will provide, fresh fuel?

Has it been idle so long that modern lead-free, 5% alcohol fuel will (has?) rotted rubber components?

Plus the usual 'new engine' turn over without plugs to get the oil distributed and pressure up?

Go for it!

John

John the car has been laid up so long that the 'fuel' that remains in the tank looks like syrup so the tank is coming out for a thorough clean before I attempt a restart and yes will be getting oil pressure up before firing up. Just want to get the car under its own power to move it about, getting to old for all this pushing malarkey

In that case I would have the MU, PRV and injectors reconditioned, rubber hoses and nylon pipes to the injectors replaced. 105 psi fuel pressure, be careful.

Waldi