Bonnet stifeners

Apologies not very familiar with 'Michelotti' cars at the moment and I'm in at the deep end with my latest project. Can anybody tell me if the Moss bonnet stiffener kit 908031xk https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/bonnet-stiffening-kit-908031xk.htmlis what I think it is.

I think its an aftermarket set of repair/stiffening brackets that are welded on the inside of the bonnet to stop the return edges of the bonnet splitting or if they have spilt to reinforce the repair ? If this is the case are they worth fitting, my bonnet has spit on both sids and suffered a poor repair so was hoping this would be the answer to the problem.

Yes we fit them to all 4/4a/5 bonnets as it strengthens them up a lot at a critical point, its not the B all and end all as sometimes with heavy handedness they can then split further down but they do help.

Stuart.

post-3753-0-56261700-1536063728_thumb.jpg