Where did you drive to with your TR today

1161308151_TR3seditedDSC05850.thumb.jpg.72c8e8859c7fc92aa84b03a41b18afee.jpgNot exactly a maiden trip, but the one after that, now that the Webers have new venturis, 36mm ones, and now that torque makes the 4 engine fitted almost thirty years ago by Mark Mason (the second one, after a con rod flew out of the crankcase in the first replacement) feel more like a TR and less like a fart which it really did.

1634038060_TR3seditedDSC05855.thumb.jpg.9dc643c65d560a94eae5f1250df90602.jpg

I finally met up with John Reilly and he suggested a nice loop of a trip down to West Cork, Inishannon, and the fancy yachting harbour in Kinsale.

And what a great drive we had, down the N71 the Bandon road to Kinsale and Inishannon, past the river Lee mud flats running parallel to the road and slotting off into winding side roads. Had to keep my wits about me. John's newly restored 3 (he did all the mechanical work) was flying.

We took some photographs on the way home. Years since I went driving with a fellow TR enthusiast. Very enjoyable.

What a feast for the eyes to see another sidescreen TR through the windscreen right there in front, and to hear the unmistakable TR exhaust note, from a 2,138cc with 87mm pistons, I'm told. And see the free revving engine on the counter, trying not to get distracted.

A TR3A from Bandon was to join us, but the timing didn't quite come off, so that's for another day.

Yeah, I keep meaning to update my KST 277 page, but there's so much to add, so for the meantime, I'm just adding scattered bits and pieces.

749949724_TR3seditedDSC05860.thumb.jpg.cf8141b7c95994242fb3395b528a5d5e.jpg

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

DavidBee great report and very nice photos indeed.   I suspect a certain maker of a Irish stout may be glad to exchange a few crates in exchange for a photo shoot of the pair ..targeted at their advertising B)

Delighted the webers are now singing in tune. 

Pete

Thanks, lads! More soon, oh, one thing is kinda set in stone in the summer:

ÁINE HAS SAID YES: I'M COMING TO THE TR WEEKEND AND HOPE TO MEET YOU THERE :)

First test drive with a hard top, before it comes of for restoration. Happy with it. This is in Goedereede, NL, bear the coast.

Waldi

D501379D-0985-4EFD-B64E-0ED9452A3403.jpeg

16 hours ago, B Fitzpatrick said:

Great stuff DavidBee and it’s great to see John’s 3 looking resplendent- looks like you had a dry day for the event although a bit cold - well done for getting out so early in the year

See you in Stafford, then, B Fitzpatrick!

John mentioned someone might drive over in a van for getting autojumble TR spares and such like? That would be ACE!!

It was actually not that cold down in West Cork, unseasonal weather, I guess. I haven't bothered yet with the Mickey Mouse electric heater you plug into the cigarette lighter. Then again, even when I had my 2, I rarely did. I'm toying with the idea of fitting the aeroscreens too. My excuse not to is that I don't have the tax and insurance display disc holders that screw into the stanchion bolt holes. But then you'd lose the side mirror too.

Certainly these days my impression is that you feel dwarfed in a TR by all the huge 4×4s, compared to when most cars were smaller. But it is exhilarating to be back in a good one!

Ciao,

David

• 2 weeks later...