Where did you drive to with your TR today

I like sticking to the right time I had one of our cars tested yesterday and my TR4a is booked in next week. Even though it dose not need a test now, but I think it’s always good to have a second set of eyes to give it a look over.

Mike Redrose Group 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, brenda said:

I like sticking to the right time I had one of our cars tested yesterday and my TR4a is booked in next week. Even though it dose not need a test now, but I think it’s always good to have a second set of eyes to give it a look over.

Mike Redrose Group 

I agree Mike. Every now and then you get a little shock, like a problem with the inside of a tyre or a hidden brake pipe leaking.

No exotic locations for me unfortunately.  Did the usual Click and Collect run to Asda and then my wife and I went to a local Disability shop to buy stuff for her sister.  Exciting stuff eh?  Mind you the red mist did descend for a short while.  Now that was fun.  TTFN.  Mike.

20 hours ago, TRTOM2498PI said:

Myself and the young lady took the 6 out last Saturday. Managed 535 miles, door-to-door.  Here is a picture of the 6 about the tackle the 1 in 4 hill climb.

PorlockA.JPG

This is getting serious Tom,   Car /Girl,   Girl /Car  ?

Have fun,  

Conrad.

On 9/3/2018 at 6:18 PM, Ben Freer said:

A very informative session on the rolling road at Revington TR having Geoffrey tuned up for the RBRR; and an even better run home - positively wizzed up Zig-Zag Hill :D.

Ben, I'm curious. Would you be willing to give a before and after analysis/comparison from your rolling road session?

Afternoon all hope we are all fit and well, just popped out for a120 mile run across the border into Shropshire for a change, not a lot of hills this way. Looked like there was plenty going on at the Shirehorse centre at Cotebrook and a truck show at Midway truck stop could not stop as car park was full run back through the lanes of Knighton and woore to Congleton home for a coffee. Where have you been to in your cars.

Mike Redrose Group 

38BA751B-E352-47C4-ABB8-331E583FEE27.jpeg

4E21A810-973E-4E78-ADCD-DD2FF2AA3167.jpeg

1BB46575-8CB0-4E1E-959E-BFBC2CF1E108.jpeg

I took a little trip to The Black Swan at Ockham.... thinking rather naïvely that there would be just a few cars there...... wrong! It was rammed! First time my TR had been out of the garage since Jan 1st to Brooklands. Still had last years fuel in the tank too! Only issue one injector deciding not to play on the way home but it still cruised at <delete delete> both ways! Although it’s been on a maintenance charger it’ll be a new battery for next year!

21 hours ago, Rod1883 said:

This one is my favourite, Rod

DSC02183a.jpg

Hi everyone

Being a new owner (and new TR Register member), yesterday marked my first proper trip with my TR4A, which I have owned for about 2 months now. I have a flat in Bude, Cornwall, and we made the 215 mile trip from Surrey to Cornwall yesterday morning. We started out at 5.20am fearing bad traffic on the A303, but we had a totally clear run all of the way. The car was faultless, she didn't miss a beat.

I am slowly getting used to the normal noises that a '67 classic makes! It was recommended that I check the oil a few times on the way, which I did, but she didn't seem to lose any at all. It was also recommended that I use super unleaded, which I did (Shell vmax 99 ron), although cruising at 70 on the 303, the temp gauge hardly rose from cold - is it normal for the engine to run a bit cooler with a higher octane fuel? Once I was stationary, the gauge quickly rose to the normal range, and then dropped again when I was moving again. I'll be honest, this is the first time I've taken her on a dual carriageway/motorway, so it may be perfectly normal given the cooler air flow too. 

Here's a picture of her parked up for a breather at Exeter Services on the M5. Having only done 4000 miles in the last 18 years before I owned her, I thought it was about time that she enjoyed a nice long run again! Here's hoping for a nice (dry) few days exploring the north Cornish coast in my fabulous car.

Cheers

Dan

IMG_7838.thumb.JPG.c8492b8798d5b5230297e6b9217808f4.JPG

Looks a very nice car Dan. The A303 is a lovely road when empty and horrible when busy. Glad you enjoyed the run out. Sounds like you need a new thermostat, it should remain stable unless in traffic. Do you have an engine driven or electric fan or both?

Mick

The temp gauge shows absolutely normal when I’m in traffic or driving at 40. Stays bang in the middle. It only reduces when I’m going 60+. I’ve got an electronic fan, no engine fan.
Thanks for the comments and feedback, much appreciated.

Edited by DanB

yes a very nice car Dan

you may well find that the good run you have given it will do it good and may well behave a bit better. A new thermostat and sender are not dear if it persists .

A follow up to my post from a couple of days ago. Today I did the return trip from Bude to Woking, covering a total of 600 miles over the past 5 days. The car was absolutely faultless. Interestingly, this time the temp gauge showed just below half way for the whole journey.

I can’t believe just how strong the engine is in the TR4A. Cruising at 70 is a breeze and she is happy to give a bit more for an overtake where needed. The last 130 miles were done with the lid off and it was awesome!

cheers

Dan