• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, DaveB66 said:

TRs modelling the Registers 50th birthday door stickers at John o'Groats this morning.

20200128_094913 (1).jpg

Dave

where did you get the door stickers 

can’t see them in the on line shop. 
would be nice to have them for this years sprint and hill climb champs. 
h

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if where-did-you-drive-to-with-your-TR-today is the right place to post these ..as I'm still awaiting to buy a TR, but the TR's East Saxon's group had a breakfast meet this morning and I thought it was good turn out.   Here are some of the piccies I took. . . .   Thanks to both those who organised the event and equally to all who turned up.

Pete.

P1330712s.jpg.32dd31be04ed2036e6ed5c25b2fc2180.jpg

^ Early arrivals

P1330713s.jpg.b528985464ae586f0914c8009dd4b61a.jpg

^ they're a friendly and cheerful bunch of TR'ers

P1330720s.jpg.5a0a89b927ae0870c0c27578d0a9ad00.jpg

P1330726s.jpg.6a16df7ccdd87a0302a65f6016ee4103.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2020 at 1:32 PM, PhilipB said:

Exeter Trial R Class (None damaging)

In good company at Musbury time control 5:00 am

OGB with dirtier shoes than normal at Islington

And a happy Mr & Mrs B at  Torquay about to go in search of a beer - or two

You've got to do it, it's a blast, even the road class

Lands End Trial from Bristol to Newquay in April and the Edinburgh Trial in the Peak District in October

Phil

OGB 24.jpg

OGB 22.jpg

OGB 21.jpg

Phil, I like the wheels very much, splined for wires? And those fat tyres? 195s? Congrats on how you use OGB 800. Really nice to see. You set a good example to follow...

On 12/30/2019 at 7:13 AM, little jim said:

I've been trying to get him to visit the Sir John Soanes museum in Lincoln's Inn Field to see his namesake's paintings The Rake's Progress and An Election, without success, see if you can talk him into it.

An extraordinary museum indeed. So carefully constructed, even in terms of sight lines. Like a stage set of a kind.

On 10/27/2019 at 11:17 PM, Bfg said:

That's a great shame,  as it sounds like a great photo opportunity missed.  Please add to your Christmas present wish list..  a camera (and spare batteries) to always leave in the car.   B)

Last year, I winessed some amazing shots... I couldn't take. Embarrassing, since years ago, I learned photography and know it well. So at the earliest chance I got I purchased a Sony RX 100, very small, but with a genuine 200mm lens. To carry in my pocket at all times, which I do. Well worth it. You KNOW for sure that you can, should the occasion pop up.

On 3/11/2020 at 10:06 PM, David Brancaleone said:

Phil, I like the wheels very much, splined for wires? And those fat tyres? 195s? Congrats on how you use OGB 800. Really nice to see. You set a good example to follow...

Thanks David

Yes, splined for wires, shiny ones for summer! Tyres are 185/70

Phil

I couldn't waste a beautiful day like this, so did a 60 mile circular loop out to Avebury and back, across the Berkshire and Wiltshire downs (no roof, aeroscreens only).

In the odd dip the roads were flooded where there's run-off from the fields, so  I managed to get my right elbow soaked by an inconsiderate oncoming driver who didn't slow down through one watersplash.  TRs are very low down compared to the ubiquitous Chelsea tractor !

The photo isn't from today but is on the route I took. This is the Chute Causeway (Roman road)  north of Andover.

DSCF0025c.jpg.644351fe3f32635b2f10b2b550c9da42.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 4:06 PM, RobH said:

I couldn't waste a beautiful day like this, so did a 60 mile circular loop out to Avebury and back, across the Berkshire and Wiltshire downs (no roof, aeroscreens only).

In the odd dip the roads were flooded where there's run-off from the fields, so  I managed to get my right elbow soaked by an inconsiderate oncoming driver who didn't slow down through one watersplash.  TRs are very low down compared to the ubiquitous Chelsea tractor !

The photo isn't from today but is on the route I took. This is the Chute Causeway (Roman road)  north of Andover.

Nice one Rob. I got the 6 out yesterday for the first time this year and had a lovely 20 mile top down drive in the sunshine. Gladdened the heart in these gloomy times.

Sean

I am doing my bit for self isolation just me in the TR, she had a wash and clean yesterday and then a 50 mile run around Buxton area. Today I had a run up the motorway to Liverpool and back along the B roads stopping off at a quiet spot to take a photo and then back home, this could be one of the last runs for a while,  keep safe everyone.

Mike. Redrose group 

447B207E-9D2D-4C3A-9A1F-4DF9253DC6E0.jpeg

As I thought it may be the last chance to take a pleasure drive for a long time, I gave both TR's a run of around 30 miles on a glorious Gloucestershire day that felt there was not a care in the World. Did the runs solo & talked to nobody! A couple of great drives with both cars perfectly on song, weather great but an awful situation hanging over all of us. Take care everybody & stay safe & well.

37 minutes ago, monty said:

As I thought it may be the last chance to take a pleasure drive for a long time, I gave both TR's a run of around 30 miles on a glorious Gloucestershire day that felt there was not a care in the World. Did the runs solo & talked to nobody! A couple of great drives with both cars perfectly on song, weather great but an awful situation hanging over all of us. Take care everybody & stay safe & well.

404503187_MV5BZWE5OTgyZWItODg1NS00NWIxLThkMzAtNzVjNjNlMWUzNWY2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwNDcwNjk@._V1_SY1000_CR0013231000_AL_.thumb.jpg.1c6f750e5695dde5a3d2da752c31b7bd.jpg

This is so real, Monty. Yet I am reminded of late 1950s to early 1960s Cold War A Bomb films, one, made for television in 1965 which sticks in my mind, and immediately banned for at least thirty years, banned even before its launch, was Peter Watkins' The War Game. Watkins spoke to the experts to find out what a nuclear catastrophe would be really like. Of course it was censored.

The sense of impending doom. Waiting for something to happen. But for real. In Italy, overcrowded hospitals, where face masks are shared, have become a major source of infection. Reality is beginning to sound like a sci-fi film. Sadly it's not for pretend.

Edited by David Brancaleone

I took my 5 out for the first time this year on Monday of this week, how great the feeling is , Sunshine but cold in the shade, going through the gears and overdrive seamlessly in and out ! Found a great new spot to walk the dog , with great Nottinghamshire Views.

Now she is firmly put away, but I have a few jobs to do , and now plenty of time to do them !

Keep safe , 

Conrad.

• 2 weeks later...