Z320

Where did you drive to with your TR today

"sorry for my grammar and orthography; I´m not native english speaking"

your photos certainly make up for any minor shortcoming in your English.  Truly beautiful photographs Marco.  Love the colour,  love the car,  and love the scenery - Thank You.

Hi,

today out for a 100 miles drive to "Hohenstadt" and back to visit their craftswork market.

Sunny but cold day after the first night with temperature below 0°C, due to the cloutless sky this night.

P1140497-b.JPG.0f30abbb7162746cfc3bc276c0d75c4b.JPG

The trees nearly lost all their leaves from the frost, anyway nice to see with the warm light.

P1140511-b.JPG.a1c80076615820c8c486c7c5763802b3.JPG

P1140517-b.thumb.JPG.fdedce9d4a8453daae3b7c446245a7d0.JPG

That's "Hohenstadt" with its church and Palace, the young countness / count of Adelsmannsfelden live here

and try to renovate the families palace, but this is like a "barrel without base".

P1140522-b.JPG.b21d5ab3e14c5f8c3ba33bbb0b56d2cb.JPG

Met some friends there by accident.

Nice view on our way back, with a short brake for two cappuccini and a cake at a classic car center.

P1140529-b.JPG.2f72224319c208634e16eddc033a36d7.JPG

P1140538-b.thumb.JPG.79bfdf4a9120f01aec83337c58d5b12b.JPG

Very nice day at this autumn, the car worked well.

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320

Very Nice Marco. That beats my 40 miles and a quick stop in a car park to take a picture.

20191110_133210.jpg.e2a09e9d46ad5e5f57adff9373925031.jpg

Sorry Sean,

but you beat me with your opened hood!

Ciao, Marco

17 hours ago, Z320 said:

cloutless sky this night.

P1140497-b.JPG.0f30abbb7162746cfc3bc276c0d75c4b.JPG

P1140517-b.thumb.JPG.fdedce9d4a8453daae3b7c446245a7d0.JPG

Gorgeous autumnal photos Marco, might I book my holiday with you ! ?

You're rising to my 'challenge' well indeed, the standards have been set very high indeed. B)

But might I ask of these particular photos ..what's with the splayed front wheels.?   I'm not smart enough to suggest anything  - but I'd simply not noticed the apparent phenomenon before, if anything I generally see the opposite  (..perhaps unless a brief answer - to avoid thread drift,  it might be a separate topic).

Similarly Sean, super photo of a lovely car. It's not very often I see a car park shot which is so attractive.  Perhaps because that hue of red together with the light cream (beige ?) coloured interior is particularly fetching.  

Thank you both for sharing.

Pete.

Popped over to Stokenchurch to see the 101 silhouette soldiers and the poppies. Didn't take a photo as I was driving and the sun was against me.

You only really see the art work when almost upon it driving East - just before the cutting.

Very clever artistic work.

Roger

Hi Pete,

indeed the wheels look splayed but they are not.

Just checked it with a level at the garage and as I remember it is only a minimum negativ, not worth to mention.

My wife has some more photos on her camera, I just have to ask he to load them on the computer.

Ciao, Marco 

10 hours ago, Bfg said:

Similarly Sean, super photo of a lovely car. It's not very often I see a car park shot which is so attractive.  Perhaps because that hue of red together with the light cream (beige ?) coloured interior is particularly fetching.  

Thank you Pete. Its really nice to get a complimentary comment. I think I just managed to find a parking place positioned perfectly for the low afternoon sunshine. The colour is carmine red and the interior is Light Stone Beige from John Skinner

Hello All,

Took my ’59 Triumph TR3A, my daughter and myself down to a birthday party at the Pizza Express in Woking this afternoon.

Please bookmark this post in case I need it for an alibi in 20 years time.

Charlie.

On 11/17/2019 at 7:09 PM, Charlie D said:

Hello All,

Took my ’59 Triumph TR3A, my daughter and myself down to a birthday party at the Pizza Express in Woking this afternoon.

Please bookmark this post in case I need it for an alibi in 20 years time.

Charlie.

I saw you there guvn'r. 

This Sunday went along to a breakfast meet (had a full English), with some interesting cars including a Stanley steamer.IMG_20191117_165232_965.thumb.jpg.13af85d95382deeeceee2aa2b4a36f16.jpg

Only a short run around the lanes near our house to test out the gearbox/overdrive and diff after a complete overhaul all went back in easily than expected. Just need to recheck all nuts, bolts and oil levels before re fitting the interior.

Mike. Redrose group 

5A765964-43C3-4801-AAE9-44FC686B2F2C.jpeg

E03A071A-2ABC-458D-B66B-1CAC537DC713.jpeg

Well done mike. 

Yet to get out with my new LSD :rolleyes:

As the trmperature remained below freezing all day, I stayed in the house  B)

1 hour ago, Derek Hurford said:

Perrrrrrfic, Fab u lous , 

Totnes, Dartmouth, Kingsbridge back to Totnes then Home approximately 60 miles round trip.

Great pics Derek

slapton  and Blackpool sands

lovely area. 

Managed a quick 20mile run out to check my new 4.1:1 and LS diff.

All good so far. Needed fresh fuel to make it run great. 

H

I took my TR to the body shop today, finally, for final bodywork and painting as part of a full restoration. Can’t wait to see it finished.

Waldi