• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Dave I O W said:

Went for a run around the Island then stopped for a ice cream on Brading Down over looking Sandown 

Cheers

Dave.

20220417_144307.jpg

Looking good Dave in the spring sunshine.

Paul

Not being able to find any car shows on hereabouts, decided to have a 65 mile run up to Hutton le Hole in the North Yorks Moors to see the Ryedale Folk Museum.

Brilliant drive, car running better than ever, seems to be settling down nicely having done 2600 miles now since getting it on the road last spring, and averaging around 27/28mpg.

The Folk Museum is well worth a visit if your up that way, having some small re-constructed shops of around the turn of the century, a forge, blacksmiths, saddlers etc, and a  Tudor Manor house, taken down stone by stone and re erected on the site, along with a 500 year old cruck house, and an 18th century cottage, both similarly moved to the site to be saved from demolition.

Unfortunately I couldn`t get the car near the museum for a photo, the only one I took was in case someone nicked my parking ticket.  Where do you display a non adhesive parking ticket in a soft top car with tonneau cover fitted. Here was my answer thanks to the club "tax disc".

Ralph

20220418_081617.jpg

20220417_131325.jpg

Looks like you had great weather and a good trip. 
safe journey home. 

Looks like you’ve had a great week away, as always wonderful pictures. Have a safe journey home and we’ll see you at drive it day 

Great turnout in the southwest.

m6 southbound in Cheshire was a car park every time I went over it. the knock on effect was heavy traffic on the other roads. But managed to find the secret bunker and catch up with both REDROSE and STOKE members. Sorry no pictures but Mike was there so I’m sure he can post some. 

Edited by Hamish

Who Me, thanks H just got home after a 140 mile run around some very nice roads and lanes. Arriving at the Secret Bunker for a wander round ( it’s Secret so unfortunately cannot tell you what we witnessed inside) nice to meet up with some of the Tr Stoke group.

Mike redrose group 

57080E24-EB43-46CE-AEB2-DCC3521B3A0D.jpeg

2E79348E-5089-4BBD-8736-6E0271C3ACC0.jpeg

D9E4B8E3-9993-4F5C-AA85-AC8FB119C43E.jpeg

96608A5D-FB7B-4889-98C1-B2721254B04F.jpeg

5ECB3C7F-4848-4EAE-B4AE-48E758EFF122.jpeg

4 hours ago, Drewmotty said:

100 mile loop around Devon for the Devon Group Drive It Day. 

D500F28B-8CF0-4362-A50E-688A053B598C.jpeg

727B71BB-94BE-44B6-AC84-BC72E027CFD9.jpeg

Glad to see Devon members turnout, including Mr Jones and a Topless Chris with hard top removed. Well done Paul for organising the get together. Wish I was there. 

10 hours ago, Lebro said:

824673283_ChathamDocks.thumb.jpg.3b9406889ef2bf7764046bdfca775841.jpg

Chatham Historic dockyard along with one or two others

Bob

Chatham Dockyard is a great place to visit. It probably needs 2 r 3 three days to get the best out of it - it is BIG  

A good number of TR's turned up for 'Drive it Day'.  Can't understand why but my car didn't get 'Car of the Show'.

The weather stayed dry but that cold wind gained strength late afternoon.

AND they have a steam engine (Ajax). Not running on this occasion but it looked as though it could.

Well done to the TRR organisers and the Dockyard staff.

Roger

1 hour ago, RogerH said:

Chatham Dockyard is a great place to visit. It probably needs 2 r 3 three days to get the best out of it - it is BIG  

A good number of TR's turned up for 'Drive it Day'.  Can't understand why but my car didn't get 'Car of the Show'.

The weather stayed dry but that cold wind gained strength late afternoon.

AND they have a steam engine (Ajax). Not running on this occasion but it looked as though it could.

Well done to the TRR organisers and the Dockyard staff.

Roger

Looks like the sun shone for the members, another good turnout must be close on 70 cars including TS2 great.

Had the 6 out on yesterday morning to go to the TCOC Ireland meeting - great day for 'top down' driving, normally go back across town if not going on the club drive, since the weather was so inviting decided to go home a longer way through part of Co Meath and North Co Dublin avoiding motorways and boy was I rewarded for so doing as it is rare enough to see 'another classic sportscar' but a convoy of TR's (wow, better do the lotto !!!!) and recognising they were 'visitors' I hastily did a u-turn and followed them, caught up with them in the town of Swords and grabbed these few shots while the leaders were discussing 'where did they go wrong?' they certainly were a long way from the Causeway Coast but definitely made my day and then again "nowhere is far in a TR"

IMG_9105.JPG

IMG_9106.JPG

IMG_9107.JPG

Edited by B Fitzpatrick
On 4/25/2022 at 5:11 PM, B Fitzpatrick said:

Had the 6 out on yesterday morning to go to the TCOC Ireland meeting - great day for 'top down' driving, normally go back across town if not going on the club drive, since the weather was so inviting decided to go home a longer way through part of Co Meath and North Co Dublin avoiding motorways and boy was I rewarded for so doing as it is rare enough to see 'another classic sportscar' but a convoy of TR's (wow, better do the lotto !!!!) and recognising they were 'visitors' I hastily did a u-turn and followed them, caught up with them in the town of Swords and grabbed these few shots while the leaders were discussing 'where did they go wrong?' they certainly were a long way from the Causeway Coast but definitely made my day and then again "nowhere is far in a TR"

IMG_9107.JPG

Thats why I didn`t see another TR all day on Sunday, they had all gone to Ireland. I went up to NY500 at pickering, and while up that way spent a pleasant afternoon at Eden Camp WW2 museum.

Ralph

Afternoon all hope your getting out this bank holiday, we had a nice run down from Cheshire to Llandrindod Wells for the Traws weekend, we may have some competition in the car park as the Bentley boys are staying in the hotel as well.

Mike Redrose group 

6F126623-ED9C-47F2-93E0-3CF8D63013A1.jpeg

9172922B-63E5-4DDE-8DD7-6F65D1729C74.jpeg

14B08E1F-4BD1-40F9-863D-78945C0CE199.jpeg

Looks like we won't be going anywhere in the TR4 this weekend as the clutch appears to be slipping. had a great Drive it Day to Bellingham Heritage Centre where there was a 4A and a 3 in attendance along with about 80 others (we were the only ones travelling topless!). This week we've been back over the Cheviots for 3 days in North Northumberland which was brilliant though, because the clutch was playing up, we came back via the valleys of the Scottish Borders where the hills and the road surfaces were less demanding.279220888_10208652791835303_2472762913741025680_n.thumb.jpg.aa370a2207899a6ab0f123e078332b85.jpg

3 hours ago, brenda said:

Afternoon all hope your getting out this bank holiday, we had a nice run down from Cheshire to Llandrindod Wells for the Traws weekend, we may have some competition in the car park as the Bentley boys are staying in the hotel as well.

Mike Redrose group 

Great day for a trip down Mike. 

the Bentley Boys ( and girls) will I’m sure be a like minded group. 

On 4/24/2022 at 8:50 PM, brenda said:

Who Me, thanks H just got home after a 140 mile run around some very nice roads and lanes. Arriving at the Secret Bunker for a wander round ( it’s Secret so unfortunately cannot tell you what we witnessed inside) nice to meet up with some of the Tr Stoke group.

Mike redrose group 

57080E24-EB43-46CE-AEB2-DCC3521B3A0D.jpeg

2E79348E-5089-4BBD-8736-6E0271C3ACC0.jpeg

D9E4B8E3-9993-4F5C-AA85-AC8FB119C43E.jpeg

96608A5D-FB7B-4889-98C1-B2721254B04F.jpeg

5ECB3C7F-4848-4EAE-B4AE-48E758EFF122.jpeg

it looks like that the red TR6 has a flat tyre . (rear left)

Marcel

1 hour ago, Quicksilver said:

it looks like that the red TR6 has a flat tyre . (rear left)

Marcel

Quite right Marcel well spotted  

And the competition section of the TR team changed it in F1 style.

(tip :- make sure your scissor jack is lubricated and has been fully wound up and back before first use :rolleyes:)