• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

A full tank, a TR and an open road : three main ingredients for a great start to the day.   :)

Up early for a morning sprint down the coast recently. A crisp, fresh air hack through the countryside, and a run to the beach to meet the sunrise.

Car's performing well : bags of torque, and pulling like a train after its recent tune on the dyno. 

Great stuff!

TRsur1A.thumb.jpg.bb66a1c0139483e0b7081c26d0ddcfd3.jpg

TRdashA1.thumb.jpg.4b64d7be074ce8030ff4eb314d89e45f.jpg

TRsunr1.thumb.jpg.da99a202521b5853a862a37b7dd912e2.jpg

Deggers

5 hours ago, Deggers said:

A full tank, a TR and an open road : three main ingredients for a great start to the day.   :)

Up early for a morning sprint down the coast recently. A crisp, fresh air hack through the countryside, and a run to the beach to meet the sunrise.

Car's performing well : bags of torque, and pulling like a train after its recent tune on the dyno. 

Great stuff!

Deggers

Always super, your photos, Deggers! This time you treat us to a modern triptych. Quite cinematic! Well done.

Wow, great photos Deggers

i’m contemplating taking the 6 to the coast tomorrow…… but doubt we can match your photos !

steve

1 hour ago, DavidBee said:

Quite cinematic! Well done.

26 minutes ago, Steves_TR6 said:

great photos Deggers

Very kind gents.  But really, it's hats off to Mother Nature.  Those shots would've looked a whole lot different in the rain.   ^_^

If you make it down to the coast tomorrow Steve, have a good'un.  Always a treat to get out for a cheeky sprint at this time of year if the weather's clear.

Cheers

Deggers

11 hours ago, Deggers said:

Very kind gents.  But really, it's hats off to Mother Nature.  Those shots would've looked a whole lot different in the rain.   ^_^

If you make it down to the coast tomorrow Steve, have a good'un.  Always a treat to get out for a cheeky sprint at this time of year if the weather's clear.

Cheers

Deggers

Methinks you'd know how to get a good shoot in the rain too

Ciao, David

We made it down to the coast in the TR6 this morning.

Roads a bit damper than i’d expected so the intermittent wipers/wash wipe facility came in handy, but car performed perfectly as usual, cruised at 70 or so all the way down

parked up where he could look at the boats, including Sapphire :-)

3E6E7669-D619-412D-840B-58DD0EDF328E.jpeg

4 hours ago, Steves_TR6 said:

We made it down to the coast in the TR6 this morning.

Great to see you made it to the water today Steve, and the TR's running well.

Would that be the distinctive profile of a Princess 43, at the far end of the pontoon?  ;)

Deggers

11 minutes ago, Deggers said:

Great to see you made it to the water today Steve, and the TR's running well.

Would that be the distinctive profile of a Princess 43, at the far end of the pontoon?  ;)

Deggers

Fortunately yes, she was still where i moored her !

Got another 100 miles on the new engine today and with mickeys BMEP  ringing in my ears I headed for the hills. Luckily I live on the Derbyshire side of Cheshire so up the A54 towards Buxton and Leek. But thwarted at many junctions with police blocking the way through. 
it was windy and then another road block and clear evidence as to why. 
another u turn and went for the  flatter A roads with lots of variable revs.

thats 200 miles on a tr3a tank of fuel  with no constant revs and lots of revving and torque work no cruising in 4th or OD. So heavy on the MPG I guess 

but also no high speed revs either  

wonderful sound :D

7955F419-26C7-4C81-919F-FA075FF770D7.jpeg

Edited by Hamish
On 1/28/2022 at 4:23 PM, Deggers said:

Great stuff!

Deggers

That first photo is incredible! Where can we buy a signed print? 

We've got a nice Sunday routine going. Lunch at my parents place about 30min away and I take a bike and the wife, kid and dog pile into the mini. As a bonus, my TR is parked there so we took it for a drive whilst my parents babysat. The 3 is easily my favourite out of all my toys! 

PXL-20220130-142102472.jpg

PXL-20220130-143521267.jpg

PXL-20220130-143546757.jpg

PXL-20220130-144302865.jpg

PXL-20220130-144529586.jpg

PXL-20220130-144613083.jpg

PXL-20220130-144725632.jpg

There is always SOMETHING that gets in the way !!!

frustrating I’m sure when they jump into shot. One day, Misfit, one day 

:ph34r:

Last Saturday I had planned on going to  a local group meet (TVG) near Dorking in the TR4 'BlueRacer'.

It would have been its first long distance escapade  -    30+ miles.

I transferred the tools and electric scissor jack from the 4A into the 4 and washed off the garage dust.

Sunday morning arrived and it was bl**dy cold. So I chickened out and went in the 4A complete with roof and comfy heater.

After about 3 miles I realised I had no tools or jack should anything happen:o.  I was no longer in my comfort zone

It's amazing that knowing you have the wherewithal in the boot allows you to go anywhere anytime with no worries.

Remove the spanners and it is instant stress.

Roger 

I always carry my Swiss Army knife, and if it’s for a couple of days, I include a collapsible bucket, water, auto glym shampoo, sponge, Chammy leather and glass cleaner. Never know when you might need them.

Plus of course my TR Register breakdown booklet. 

Out for another engine running in trip to the hills this morning 

time only allowed about 35 miles and I found it blowy and slippy on top so headed back down for the Cheshire plains. 
Where it was only wet  

8895BF8D-23C3-4CB2-A82C-998BF9E850D6.jpeg

2AC2FD44-9CEF-465B-90E1-C3607F40C703.jpeg

Edited by Hamish
Video link

Hi,

today I was out for a short test 20 miles drive after I did not touch the car for some weeks.

The car started well and idle was constant with the distributor modification I made, worth a own post.

rgcgf4RxOb7-Xei5CMw9AOApetpWfHFY_PpE82ZG

With a short stop at the local Nissan trader (not surprising: the new 400Z not arrived and no 350Z for sale :unsure:)

and in front of the Mercedes Benz Museum / Stuttart, in summer always worth to visit the classic car meeting there on Sunday.

Ciao, Marco