• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

Drove across to Portland to the Castletown D Day Museum this week.

Raced a Sherman tank then tripped over a Mk 8 RN torpedo which someone had carelessly left outside the public conveniences…

Martin

Overtaking A Sherman Tank.jpg

Mark 8 Torpedo.jpg

Mark 8 Torpedo Just Outside The Public Conveniences.jpg

Edited by BritishRacingGreen
37 minutes ago, BritishRacingGreen said:

Raced a Sherman tank then tripped over a Mk 8 RN torpedo which someone had carelessly left outside the public conveniences…

Martin

Mark 8 Torpedo.jpg

Excellent post and good timing 

On 1/7/2022 at 10:27 PM, BritishRacingGreen said:

Martin

Mark 8 Torpedo.jpg

Looking sharp with the hardtop and the best colour for a TR! 

With the mini finally finished, we drove to see my parents where the TR lives at the mo. Took it out for a very spirited drive with dad co-driving (hanging on for dear life!), what a car! 

PXL-20220109-160315742.jpg

Close Shave

Hi Folks,

yesterday we took the 4A for very nice drive out Oxford way.

We had to pull up at a road works traffic light. Whereupon a cyclist came up the outside and stopped in front of me.

I went into Victor Meldrew mode - " I don;t believe it. Get to the back of the queue you B.....D."

I really wish the window had been shut  :o

He turned around and I gave him a great big grin. He smiled. I think the penny dropped as per the humour

Roger

17 hours ago, EliTR6 said:

Looking sharp with the hardtop and the best colour for a TR! 

With the mini finally finished, we drove to see my parents where the TR lives at the mo. Took it out for a very spirited drive with dad co-driving (hanging on for dear life!), what a car! 

PXL-20220109-160315742.jpg

"Took it out for a very spirited drive with dad co-driving (hanging on for dear life!), what a car! "

Yep, sounds as if you are in love with car as much as you should be, great stuff.

Mick Richards

Took the ‘6 out for a spin this morning, it’s COLD out, still fun though :-)

stopped for a coffee to warm up

DA7F76E0-4A75-419F-AC3A-A1A481CF1DEE.jpeg

Didn't have the camera for the run out to Stein on Saturday to pick up freshly landed Langoustines for dinner but managed this from the Sunday spin out. Waterstein Head and Moonen Bay from Neist Point. Only half a dozen cars there yesterday, will be rammed in the summer.

2022-01-17 Waterstein.jpg

On 1/17/2022 at 11:40 AM, Les Millington said:

Didn't have the camera for the run out to Stein on Saturday to pick up freshly landed Langoustines for dinner but managed this from the Sunday spin out. Waterstein Head and Moonen Bay from Neist Point. Only half a dozen cars there yesterday, will be rammed in the summer.

2022-01-17 Waterstein.jpg

That looks great

2 hours ago, Misfit said:

Usual haunt, just great to get out and enjoyed the round trip

98D949FD-C8BA-4F54-9433-A0F8E4CA88F0.jpeg

You should have shouted out I’m at mums just across the ferry From the old NatWest and fountain. 

So having been disappointed - again, at the cancellation of Spares Day, and the social aspect in particular, Cumbria Group had nine folk

staying overnight, and no doubt working hard to put the 'World to Rights'

We organised an all day run on Friday last, meet at Penrith and take things from there.

So seven cars, enjoyed a Fandabbydozyday,  firstly in the North Pennines, via Hartside, then down into North Yorks. for lunch at Leyburn, and then a run home back through the Yorkshire Dales, and past the highest Pub in England, Tan hill.

Take a look at the sunshine, and this was January 21st, bodes well for 2022 methinks.

45899134_jan2022plusleyburnrun012small1.jpg.ba8babd2468b5b1e46b247d1cccc59db.jpg1059866802_jan2022plusleyburnrun014small2.jpg.8786bbb944efe7e8afee42ac8f62a87f.jpg

John.

Hi Folks,

yesterday we popped down to Southsea near Portsmouth. Never been there before. A very small resort but clean and tidy.

I took the picture of the building as I spotted something rather odd - can you see it.

W then move on to Hayling Island. Again a nice tidy place. They have their own little railway - Not quite up to GWR standards but at least it is there.

Roger

DSC_7333a.jpg

DSC_7354a.jpg

5 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Hi Folks,

yesterday we popped down to Southsea near Portsmouth. Never been there before. A very small resort but clean and tidy.

I took the picture of the building as I spotted something rather odd - can you see it.

W then move on to Hayling Island. Again a nice tidy place. They have their own little railway - Not quite up to GWR standards but at least it is there.

Roger

DSC_7333a.jpg

DSC_7354a.jpg

False top floor by the looks of it.

Stuart.

Quick draw Mcgraw has nothing on Stuart. 

Mick Richards

Edited by Motorsport Mickey