• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

The Ace is a great venue, here’s my Ducati 999s arriving early for a meet up!

the only issue with the Ace is the horrid roads nearby

I wonder how the door awning sponsorship works, here it’s Castrol i see

steve

9AB96B26-8CB2-448F-8D46-EEA0FE27CB10.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Hamish said:

I’ve never been. Is it now a congestion zone location ?

Hamish it is on the very edge of the Emissions Zone ie the other side of the road is in the Emissions Zone.

If you go in your TR you will be OK..

2 minutes ago, BRENDA1 said:

You’ll be ok in the TR now H its got a new engine less Emissions than you daily drive,

Mike redrose group 

;)

2 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Exactly where is it, Postcode?

Obviously I've never been but happy to put it on my bucket list, coffee any good?

John.

I don’t know about the coffee but the Rosy Lea is just as it should be, they do good bacon sarnies and an excellent mushroom omelette and cheese omelette. There is also a bar for alcoholic beverage.

22101526-CC98-46D0-8323-A543B3BBE939.jpeg

Edited by SuzanneH

Here is a picture of the inside, the Christmas lights didn’t come out very well…!

46F3BFAE-98E0-4256-A9F5-D1C4D40AEA4A.jpeg

3 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Exactly where is it, Postcode?

Obviously I've never been but happy to put it on my bucket list, coffee any good?

John.

John,

you have a biker friendly cafe a bit closer to home, in Keswick.    See The Filling Station.   Having said that, there’s other cafe’s with nicer views in the Lake District.

Paul

I visited the Ace cafe with my son 8 years ago on a Friday night, it was quite incredible the atmosphere and and various bike on show, some being demonstrated. After  awhile we decided to move on, I was riding a BMW R80ST airhead and feeling rather nervous I set out down the road following my son amid hundreds of spectators, the worse thing possible happened to me the bike cut out directly in the centre of the crowd, in my haste to get everything right I forgot to turn the fuel cock on, what a plonker lots of cheering etc, the bike eventually fired up again and I pulled away, so mad with myself.

Paul

On 12/20/2021 at 10:43 PM, SuzanneH said:

Yes David, back in the day The Ace Cafe on the North Circular Road in North London was a famous venue where Motorbikes met up.

Music of the time was played here and this was where the youth of the day would start there run outs from.

The same things happen here today and music is till being played on an old Juke Box, I’m sure more info’ is available on Google.

They have themed days for motor bikes and all different classic and non classic cars.

Wonderful! I like they still do it and I really like that it was refitted with so much attention to detail! Thanks for the information. When I lived in London, I sometimes used to drive past this cafe in my (then) TR2, but it looked run down at the time, and seemed the kind of building that prompted one to fear it was a candidate for demolition.

So the third thing I like is that the very opposite has happened (unlike all the 1960s era demolitions up and down the country).

Ciao, David

Edited by DavidBee

8f8f70cea2daa535059df9037c11e92a.thumb.jpg.a9bcdaae48b72319d01c71df5b82be6e.jpg

I went looking for some old photos out of curiosity and this is what I found.

cafe.jpg.98bcf3abd3457462dee800d03a4cae8c.jpg

6e6436c268fd4449f7e8d9391bbb5d2e.jpg.7edb3fed804fb2374b68155738b7570e.jpg

ace-cafe-1955(2).thumb.jpg.4c237ee2a2f25825c0b7232965726013.jpg

Edited by DavidBee

What a lovely morning to get out and about. Had a lovely drive around the Cheshire lanes near home, stopped for a coffee then headed Back home for lunch, just as I got near home Mr & Mrs H we’re going the other way with Suzie at the wheel getting some miles on that new engine.

Mike redrose group 

DA178311-E37E-4391-8991-C495BA5DEC05.jpeg

A527897D-01B0-4EB9-9F48-4A7AB5AEFC56.jpeg

CE3D4684-A298-4DFF-9CCA-F58A7262467D.jpeg

78566CD7-F646-423A-8D51-5638BADF959D.jpeg

Edited by BRENDA1

First drive of the year

First drive of the new engine

the tick over is great and the engine very responsive 

suzie loved the drive and we got to see and wave to mr and mrs B in Brenda -Bonus :D

E93C92F9-1481-4B9C-A3D1-1EE83CAC9FEB.jpeg

37FCED2C-0A1B-4589-A2CE-582482AE862C.jpeg

E109F60C-29F7-47A4-AE8E-9A75EA6BFE4F.jpeg

Today myself and Sue popped down to Swanage to take part in a 50th anniversary run on the last DMU on the Purbeck line in 1972.

Those old DMU's definitely have a serious characteristic vibration that it had when new. 

On the journey down we had a short sea cruise on the Sandbanks/Studland chain ferry.  Sadly no pics.

Roger

9 minutes ago, RogerH said:

we had a short sea cruise …. Sadly no pics.

Roger

We too had a short sea cruise earlier today, and took pics on this walm and calm day, but no TR !

Steve

8679450B-B354-4319-B4E1-C91F43A087D3.jpeg

So Cumbria Groups, now annual NYD Run through The Lakes.

For those starting in the north of the county, we get to take in, Bassenthwaite, Keswick, Thirlmere, Rydal and Rydal Water, Ambleside, Windermere and Bowness before arving at The Lakeland Motor Museum at Newby Bridge, to meet up with others and have a spot of lunch.

Oversubscribed this year, more than ever before, and especially good to meet our area co-ordinater, Bob, and some of his family, new CG Members Steve and Ros, and Lesley and David, who having quietly improved his TR3A, was out yesterday, top down enjoying the car and the company.

The day was mild and windy, there had been some serious rainfall, the lakes wre full and frothy on top, the waterfalls vibrant, traffic, as always on NYD quiet although the footfall was rammed.

Now a word for a certain Audi driver who saw fit to hit standing water at, shall we say at excessive speed, just as I was reaching the same water from the opposite direction, top was on, but I was driving with my window down, when this 'Person' utterly deluged both me and the car inside and out, - thanks for that, and a Bloody Happy New Year to you!

Top was in the boot for the run home via Kirkstone Pass, Brothers Water and then Ullswater.

Cracking day and company, and I always think1249299079_NYD2022plus014.thumb.jpg.b9b602fe31ed0d36c348709e20bc3a26.jpg that our NYD trip, kind of sets us up for the TR year.

HNY and Very best Wishes to all, well except a certain Audi driver, I hope his ECU got damp.

John.

NYD 2022 plus 017.jpg

5 TR6's from the Leicestershire TR Group held a New Year's Day run down to the Stony Stratford classic car and bike meeting near Milton Keynes. An excellent event held every NYD with lots to see. If you have not been then it is well recommended as they close the main road and market square but get there early (9.00 ish) or late (12.00 ish) to get a good spot.

I set off in glorious sunshine with the hood down but sadly it started to rain after an hour or so and it set in for the rest of the day, hence no photos, sorry.

Mick

Only a short test drive yesterday for about 15 miles before the next rainy days.

All worked well, the car drove lovely, the new shimed diff is a pleasure, the MX5 gearbox also.

I decided to order and install a 86°C thermostat, the now installed 71°C summer thermostat is too cool and also gives no benefit at summer.

An experimental modyfied distributor was installed and the first results also have been very positive for constant idling.

Ciao, Marco