• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

Great one Mike

and shows how hard you work looking after Brenda. 
big mileage in any weather and she is always immaculate 

credit to you. 

Today had a short run to the Cock@Budworth for the Redrose Christmas lunch 40 members and only 3 TRs, had a lovely lunch and catch up. We’re all looking forward to next year with holidays already being mentioned, weekends away and local Runs on Sundays.

Mike redrose group 

7E9454D5-5391-4997-B218-920541E76D6D.jpeg

AACD59BD-0D58-4E6A-BA1C-5FF89ABCC5F4.jpeg

150094EB-6480-4FBD-96F3-B3B6FC50D78E.jpeg

1C8A4D1C-56FB-4194-9F79-BA640DD74951.jpeg

A TRip out today to Hogpits Bottom, Flaunden, Herts for a pre Christmas get together with very good friends.

E7E1E033-9003-4AF1-B5EE-90D0D87D0E43.jpeg

Edited by SuzanneH
1 hour ago, SuzanneH said:

A TRip out today to Hogpits, Lane Flaunden, Herts for a pre Christmas get together with very good friends.

E7E1E033-9003-4AF1-B5EE-90D0D87D0E43.jpeg

At last! A sighting of the evasive Roger H

1 hour ago, DavidBee said:

At last! A sighting of the evasive Roger H

You obviously have got the wrong end of the stick about Roger, the last thing he ever is is evasive, quite the opposite in fact.

I thought you had looked into historical posts on this forum, if so you would have seen Roger was always the life and soul of the party. Unfortunately due to sticking up for an underdog who was very badly treated by the club on one occasion Rogers enthusiasm has wained somewhat.

10 hours ago, foster461 said:

Lovely picture Sue. Would have been the same picture in 1965 I bet.

2A8E57EF-0553-4E0D-8AF0-FBDE2661E2DF.jpeg

BC113F75-DEF9-4F5B-80D3-B0383F70DF3D.jpeg

Just now, SuzanneH said:

2A8E57EF-0553-4E0D-8AF0-FBDE2661E2DF.jpeg

BC113F75-DEF9-4F5B-80D3-B0383F70DF3D.jpeg

This is the same pub in the Summer and Autumn, it’s been there a very long time Stan.

10 hours ago, foster461 said:

4AFECD70-2EB0-483A-B726-962B13A42CC8.jpeg

Edited by Hamish
Pic
11 hours ago, foster461 said:

As you get older you tend to look back and see what you think was reality, what appears as black and white is not always a true reflection.

Edited by Misfit
1 hour ago, Misfit said:

As you get older you tend to look back and see what you think was reality, what appears as black and white is not always a true reflection.

That Dobby the house elf follows me everywhere…….!!!!

17 hours ago, SuzanneH said:

You obviously have got the wrong end of the stick about Roger, the last thing he ever is is evasive, quite the opposite in fact.

I thought you had looked into historical posts on this forum, if so you would have seen Roger was always the life and soul of the party. Unfortunately due to sticking up for an underdog who was very badly treated by the club on one occasion Rogers enthusiasm has wained somewhat.

Yes, I totally understand! Maybe I am not being very articulate and, if so, it's always best to try to be clearer. By "elusive", I only meant that I don't see photos of Roger, and that is a pity, when I look at these photos of your TR. Whereas, I enjoy reading his posts which are always interesting and teach me things I am not very familiar with. 

As to the reason for stepping back, I understand. It seems a pity this kind of thing tends to happen in a club, any club, including the TR Register. Myself, even without knowing the ins and outs, I would side with Roger who is always so kind and helpful. These qualities, in my opinion, are most precious in a Club, and should be duly valued. I do, and apologize if what I have written has unwittingly caused offence. I hope these words of mine mitigate it, since for me people like Roger and Alec Pringle are the Club and always will be.

David

Edited by DavidBee
51 minutes ago, DavidBee said:

Yes, I totally understand! Maybe I am not being very articulate and, if so, it's always best to try to be clearer. By "elusive", I only meant that I don't see photos of Roger, and that is a pity, when I look at these photos of your TR. Whereas, I enjoy reading his posts which are always interesting and teach me things I am not very familiar with. 

As to the reason for stepping back, I understand. It seems a pity this kind of thing tends to happen in a club, any club, including the TR Register. Myself, even without knowing the ins and outs, I would side with Roger who is always so kind and helpful. These qualities, in my opinion, are most precious in a Club, and should be duly valued. I do, and apologize if what I have written has unwittingly caused offence. I hope these words of mine mitigate it, since for me people like Roger and Alec Pringle are the Club and always will be.

David

Hi David, thank you for your very kind words.

17 minutes ago, Steves_TR6 said:

OMG ! Someone’s stolen the wheels !

Can’t see the bricks though.:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, SuzanneH said:

Lunch today 17/12/21 at The Ace Cafe.

CB9EC003-C6AA-4DFE-98F0-3CB44F8B4643.jpeg

Nice!, shame they spelt your name incorrectly over the door but kind of them to try !

12 minutes ago, Steves_TR6 said:

Nice!, shame they spelt your name incorrectly over the door but kind of them to try !

:P

On 12/17/2021 at 3:53 PM, Steves_TR6 said:

On 12/17/2021 at 3:44 PM, SuzanneH said:

What a superb building! And doesn't your TR4A look just right? 

Modernism at its best, and a beautifully restored. Even the slab serif typography looks smart. Whoever spaced the letters knew how to do it well. ("A regola d'arte", we'd say in Italian).

Was this a famous meeting place back in the day, even in the 1950s, perhaps, do you happen to know, Sue?

On 12/17/2021 at 3:44 PM, SuzanneH said:

Need some black wing vents on that !!:ph34r:

;) just messing 

1 hour ago, DavidBee said:

What a superb building! And doesn't your TR4A look just right? 

Modernism at its best, and a beautifully restored. Even the slab serif typography looks smart. Whoever spaced the letters knew how to do it well. ("A regola d'arte", we'd say in Italian).

Was this a famous meeting place back in the day, even in the 1950s, perhaps, do you happen to know, Sue?

Yes David, back in the day The Ace Cafe on the North Circular Road in North London was a famous venue where Motorbikes met up.

Music of the time was played here and this was where the youth of the day would start there run outs from.

The same things happen here today and music is till being played on an old Juke Box, I’m sure more info’ is available on Google.

They have themed days for motor bikes and all different classic and non classic cars.