Where did you drive to with your TR today

..that was a long way around Roger, Dungeness to Eastbourne to West London.   My mother lived in Seaford and the South Downs road across country goes through some very pleasant countryside.  Better still in a TR.   Occasionally we'd go for a walk along Beachy Head, nr. Eastbourne ..again impressive with it's white cliffs.  Together with the lobster (I've not had that since I were a lad !) and white crab, that would have a very nice day out.    B)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Bfg said:

Very nice composition Suzanne. 

Do you reckon the snow drops early or very late ?

Pete

2 hours ago, DavidBee said:

That's a good shot! The natural dark framing gives it momentum adding interest. Nice one!

I must confess that I am in the car in this shot, Roger took the picture not me.

The snowdrops we’re just at the right time, we go to see them every year ( The Barringtons and Rissingtons).

2 hours ago, Misfit said:

D7452676-518F-4D8E-9740-3C864F137886.jpeg

Nice you have the full range of tonal values in the sky and reflections in the water. I like it, Mr Misfit!

Ciao,

David

That's the "Ondankmeulen", French Flanders, during the 26th Nord Triumph Club "Rallye des Crevettes", as usually held on the 11th of November.

Every year, we share a moment in memory of the victims of WW1.

256591054_3085927991728535_6164712974728986705_n.jpg

Edited by Chris59

As it was a clear, sunny but cold day, I took my TR3 out for a short drive though some country lanes as it had not moved for a few weeks. Lovely drive and the car went well and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Came home, put the car in the garage and made a cup of tea. 30 mins later came out to close the garage door to find one rear tyre completely flat. Took the wheel off, inspected the tyre to find a large thorn imbedded in the tread. My local tyre shop in the village, said they could not remove the tyre to swap the inner tube (I had a spare) as it is a wire wheel and it was too risky to use their tools on it! I could not believe the story. The tyre shop in the next town was a very different experience, the main man rushed out expecting to see the TR3 but gladly took the wheel out of the Skoda and said "no problem, I did lots of these during my apprenticeship, would love to do another one." Before inserting my spare tube, he tested it to find a small leak around the valve. It had been in the car for 8+ years. He phoned around and will get two new tubes delivered tomorrow morning. New tube and fitting - £25.

Brilliant service and nice to find somebody who knows what they are doing.

Mick

That looks as though it was fun.   Nice twisty road too - but where was all the other traffic?   No 4x4s, no white vans. :o  

looks good with the hardtop on

i will have to put mine on when i get to running the engine in in the winter !!

You & yours have my admiration Mike.  Using your car so frequently and yet keeping her in such beautiful condition despite wet roads and not the easiest colour to keep clean.

Thumbs up.

Pete

On 12/5/2021 at 8:01 PM, Deggers said:

You must've been on different roads to me Mike!  :D

Just home after another thrash across Dartmoor.

TRcountry1B.thumb.jpg.3c6d79391447509f0e896b24965db14b.jpg

Cheers, Deggers

Thrash ???

One drives with restrained exuberance over the moors !!

Quite so Crawfie, quite so. I'll recalibrate the Jaeger.  :)

For my sins, I spent yesterday morning unrestrainedly hosing out 4 acres of prime Devonshire real estate from under the wheel arches.

Deggers

Edited by Deggers