• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

1 hour ago, PaulAnderson said:

Keep the photos coming Mike if you can please as it brings joy.   The west coast of Scotland is my favourite place and we’re off there ourselves shortly.

Paul

Take a look at the photos on Social Scene titled “ Photos of our Scottish TRip forDavid Bee” also

I have seen the other post thanks.  Nice to see more photos of many places I’ve been to, many several times, though I’ve not been to Islay or Jura yet.  Shame the weather looks a bit overcast for you all.

There’s five members of the Northumbria group in Scotland this month and at least two on Skye this week.  

Myself,  I took the weekly shop over to an ageing inlaw yesterday using the TR as the weather was good.  On the way back we popped by a family friends ( outside only) whose dad had been wanting to see the TR for some time.   I ended up giving him a ride, top down.  I’d not seen a seventy something man move so fast when he heard my offer.  Nice to see him so happy.

Paul

2 hours ago, PaulAnderson said:

I have seen the other post thanks.  Nice to see more photos of many places I’ve been to, many several times, though I’ve not been to Islay or Jura yet.  Shame the weather looks a bit overcast for you all.

There’s five members of the Northumbria group in Scotland this month and at least two on Skye this week.  

Myself,  I took the weekly shop over to an ageing inlaw yesterday using the TR as the weather was good.  On the way back we popped by a family friends ( outside only) whose dad had been wanting to see the TR for some time.   I ended up giving him a ride, top down.  I’d not seen a seventy something man move so fast when he heard my offer.  Nice to see him so happy.

Paul

That was a lovely gesture :)

We are also 70+ :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, PaulAnderson said:

I’d not seen a seventy something man move so fast

:o  This seventy-something old codger has just been out for a blast in his '3A, moving pretty fast at times.  Reasonably clear roads for once so managed to get it wound up nicely :ph34r:. ( Chelsea-tractor drivers might keep up on the straights but they chicken out on the bends.) :)

3 hours ago, brenda said:

Our last morning on Skye had a pleasant steady drive along the A82 with a few stops overnight at Ben more lodges.

Mike Redrose group 

1DC828BC-E9B2-4CC4-8D55-E8A4A74E9805.jpeg

D475C479-BFEA-4D8F-8544-64FFB8A56D46.jpeg

D20726DE-6D6C-4EB5-8166-0F9D6CFD1F3A.jpeg

The passenger wiper is back B)

We and our friends joined a classic car event at the Pfalz yesterday.

A big "8" from Maikammer down to Wissembourg (F), about 100 miles,

start and finish where ever you want and drive the "8" what ever direction

with some stops at local museums, workshops, villages.

This car from a private "car collection" could be interesting for you.

IMG_8462.JPG.dba3ecdf7ca4becfd970d8033957c4c9.JPG

Will it ever drive again?

At all a great day out with lots of other classic car and sunny weather all day.

IMG_8459.JPG.b95542c0972b06bc14ac1c9feb1c2bc9.JPG

The look is over wine yards and orchards.

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320
37 minutes ago, brenda said:

Planning our run today A84 and A821 great roads again with plenty of stops, and we found one of our members hehe.

Mike Redrose group 

5795AACE-AD8E-4228-851B-503B6966C67E.jpeg

945D65CC-5EF7-4D9D-9E63-D885DB9FA7E5.jpeg

66157C19-656D-4673-B8F1-F2126245723C.jpeg

Fame at last :D

On 9/12/2021 at 4:28 PM, brenda said:

Our last morning on Skye had a pleasant steady drive along the A82 with a few stops overnight at Ben more lodges.

Mike Redrose group 

1DC828BC-E9B2-4CC4-8D55-E8A4A74E9805.jpeg

D475C479-BFEA-4D8F-8544-64FFB8A56D46.jpeg

D20726DE-6D6C-4EB5-8166-0F9D6CFD1F3A.jpeg

01F4F66C-CB3C-44AF-AF0F-AE79CC3FA409.jpeg

Ah ha., now we see who is responsible for these wonderful photographs. B)

On 9/13/2021 at 6:42 AM, Z320 said:

This car from a private "car collection" could be interesting for you.

IMG_8462.JPG.dba3ecdf7ca4becfd970d8033957c4c9.JPG

Will it ever drive again?

Marco,

What car is it? A Lotus Elan with special bonnet? TR?

Yesterday, me and sue took the 4A to West Wittering (the long way round) avoiding GoodWood.

The new Cafe there is very god indeed. A few years back the old one mysteriously burnt down (all the chip fat in the extractor spontaneously combusted - probably)

Upon leaving the car park (quite slowly) I became aware of screaming and shouting.  I had left my very expensive camera on the boot lid. Many thanks to the gent that was doing the screaming and shouting.

Then we went off to Selsey. A very odd place - first impression is that it is a tip but if you look deeper it is a very nice little town with some good pubs.

Things got better - I found a couple of lobsters going for not a lot of £££. So we sat on a bench looking out to sea and eating a punnet of prawns.

We then got up and left. Drove abut 10 miles towards Brighton for an ice cream and realised that my shoulder bag with all my worldly possessions were not in the car.  Quick U turn and race back to the bench looking at every inch of the road to see where it may have dropped off.

The bench was bare - bu99er.  I asked a couple of women, they had not seen it. I then asked a man and he also had no idea.

As I continued to walk along the sea front  (this is a raised sea defense with a pathway along it heading towards the RNLI boat house)   a couple of women way down below in a field shouted up asking if I had lost anything - success. 

However they did not have the bag but had a phone number of another woman that had the bag but wouldn't be contactable till 4.30pm (this was now 3pm).  So I took the details and headed for a pub.  I got the bag back and had a nice chat t the lady at 4pm.

Despite my silly memory we had three successes 1, got the lobsters,  2, didn't kill the camera,  3, got my precious bag back. 

PLUS my faith in humanity has been restored  thank you people.

Roger

Janet and I, found time to pop to Torquay with our Daughters dog. We enjoyed an ice cream and a paddle. Being overlooked by Kilmorie flats situated amongst some lovely million pound properties on Ilsham marine Drive. Although Torbay council could have made a bit more effort to maintain the green.

C991817E-21F8-48D5-88C3-F715D35AFFBD.jpeg

E2F8A817-9CC1-4979-916E-7B1EC264C902.jpeg

Edited by Misfit