Where did you drive to with your TR today

3 minutes ago, RogerH said:

I would be seriously surprised if any body in the two sets of photo's come down with C19.

Roger

i do really hope you are right and everyone is ok.

I cannot answer why there is not more done around vit D and obviously aware of prof P and his views on it.

im disappointed that it looks like there is some drop off of effectiveness of the vaccine hence the booster consideration. And detest the money making I the back of this pandemic via “gov contracts” etc

but the fact is it’s rife out there and would like to see people erring in the side of caution. 

im sorry I posted this on a nice happy picture based thread.

so someone please post a nice car based pic so this thread can move on.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

Hamish i totally agree with you and NTC. With the information we have and the figures of continued infections why do people think it's over ?  

It's no different to 12 months ago so . Good to get out and meet again but using the same guidelines perhaps.

39 minutes ago, Hamish said:

but the fact is it’s rife out there and would like to see people erring in the side of caution. 

No it isn't Hamish. The 20,000 "cases" per day are nothing of the sort. They are positive results from a  test which is being applied incorrectly (far too many amplification cycles) and which was never designed to be used for mass-screening (it's originator stated that). 

A "case" is someone who is actually sick but we are not told how many that is. The latest figures show about 6000 hospitalised on average - out of a population of 70 million. Hardly a definition of rife in my book. The figures of the number who recover and are discharged are never published either but we do know that deaths are currently around 80 per day, which is tragic but a tiny number.  

In my >three-score-and-ten years I have lived through many health scares from Diphtheria and Polio to swine and bird flu, many of which resulted in death rates well in excess of the present scare.  Never before have I been ordered to run away and hide.  

Government propaganda (yes - that is what it is) has resulted in a paranoid population. This is a disease which badly affects only a small minority and kills even fewer.  The truth is we have to learn to live with this as we have with all the others. 

I am quite willing to take my chance and will not be running away and hiding ever again. 

Where do you get that from Neil ?  Don't believe what the BBC tells you, look at the numbers:

https://data.spectator.co.uk

If hospitals are filling it isn't with covid cases, it is with people who have been waiting a year for treatment for other things. 

Edited by RobH

Like I said I’m sorry I mentioned it. 
please can we get back to cars on this thread 

you can start another 

I’ll delete mine if it helps. 

this was me at Shelsely 

4E14A3A9-03DF-469B-98C4-C4B004AAF70E.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Like I said I’m sorry I mentioned it. 
please can we get back to cars on this thread 

you can start another 

I’ll delete mine if it helps. 

this was me at Shelsely 

4E14A3A9-03DF-469B-98C4-C4B004AAF70E.jpeg

Nice photo Hamish, i’d like to try that one day !

steve

23 hours ago, RobH said:

Only something minor I hope Pete ? 

yes indeed - Thanks   < here's what happened:huh:

22 hours ago, RogerH said:

Hi Pete,

The car is looking very nice.

I hope you get it sorted quickly.

Roger

Thanks Roger,  we're getting there. B)

58 minutes ago, Z320 said:

Hi Peter,

it suffers from poor running and poor acceleration?

Are the air filters upside down on the carbs?

Ciao, Marco

Cheers Marco,  No issue's with running, nor acceleration ..other than what might be expected from a car which would benefit from being tuned, once its carbs are rebuilt and probably its distributor too. I've not touched either since I bought the car, other than to add a little oil to the dash-pots. 

I plan on looking at the spark plugs today ..for the first time since I bought the car, but also now after it having a decent run.  

Pete.

If you're stopping anywhere on Skye or the near mainland would anyone in your group be okay with me having a wee look at their TR4A? I've nothing much to compare mine with here and it would be nice to see both original or mods in the flesh.

6 hours ago, Les Millington said:

If you're stopping anywhere on Skye or the near mainland would anyone in your group be okay with me having a wee look at their TR4A? I've nothing much to compare mine with here and it would be nice to see both original or mods in the flesh.

Hi we are at the Glenarroch B&B Kyleakin from 8- 11 but are out in the day time is this near you. 
Mike.

It's about a 40 mile drive away which would be no problem to pop down in an evening. We stay 7 miles south of Dunvegan off the A863, north west Skye, are you stopping to visit any of the usual places or simply touring?

My TR2 was out today : as often as possible, I spent a couple of hours at rowing here.

Our base/club house can be seen to the top/left of the picture, with 5 black doors.

image.thumb.png.8c538ad6c2ecaf0db9f24e433cb792b1.png

Edited by Chris59

We have been out with the TR to the Sunday weekly (during summer) classic car meeting at the Mercedes Benz Museum / Stuttgart.

vqHHgLi5FYR_p1uV0NIwVwyk7KGcNXiHolkbe6bZ

Constantly coming and going, most just stayed for an hour, not so much crowded as it seams on the photo

liS4RoXb2voXBbuUZZFD4IPJVMESGPVnzsEOUVgg

Most unarrested was a big group of young americans traveling the world again....

Lots of Mercedes Benz, of course, and lots of American 60- and 70-ies, this was my most favorite (from England, of course).

OWAs3TdtaagyCUMgOLcVVz0N5O26k627sWoYzSdH

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320