Where did you drive to with your TR today

11 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Mikeanics ( which looks like where it is - he does  mine too - ace carb man)usually does flywheel

Ah ha, so tweaked SU carbs with needles and ally or skimmed flywheel = + 17.3. That sounds cheap for all those extra hosses!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DavidBee said:

Ah ha, so tweaked SU carbs with needles and ally or skimmed flywheel = + 17.3. That sounds cheap for all those extra hosses!

David sorry was referring to micks question about power quoted at flywheel or road wheels. I’m sure mike will be along to discuss his own car !!

4 hours ago, Hamish said:

David sorry was referring to micks question about power quoted at flywheel or road wheels. I’m sure mike will be along to discuss his own car !!

My apologies!

8 hours ago, DavidBee said:

My apologies!

Absolutely no need :D

we are all friends here and I didn’t want to create confusion to later readers.

1 hour ago, Hamish said:

Absolutely no need :D

we are all friends here and I didn’t want to create confusion to later readers.

Nice one

Hi Tom, that is very good considering what has not happened. My highest in a year was in 2015 with my TR3 at 7431, after a trip to Nordkapp in Norway. Sadly it was only 1700 last year in the TR3 and a pathetic 916 in the TR6. Must do better.

How about an annual award for the highest mileage in a TR using consecutive MOT certs? Have we ever done this?

Mick

1 hour ago, Mick Forey said:

Hi Tom, that is very good considering what has not happened. My highest in a year was in 2015 with my TR3 at 7431, after a trip to Nordkapp in Norway. Sadly it was only 1700 last year in the TR3 and a pathetic 916 in the TR6. Must do better.

How about an annual award for the highest mileage in a TR using consecutive MOT certs? Have we ever done this?

Mick

Hi Mick,

That sounds like a good idea :)

Previous year was 6473 miles, minus 10% = 5825.7 miles.

Year before that was 8697 miles, minus 10% = 7827.3 miles.

Cheers.

7D337EBC-7820-4443-9456-F603C71F1535.thumb.jpeg.a1545230163dc041dadc1e7a5868000f.jpegAfter more years than I care to remember, she made her first road appearance since the late 80’s.  I have a few teething problems to sort and some miles under her belt before we make the trip to Malvern. Took the wife on a short trip down to the local pub for a celebratory pint .

1 hour ago, Mark69 said:

7D337EBC-7820-4443-9456-F603C71F1535.thumb.jpeg.a1545230163dc041dadc1e7a5868000f.jpegAfter more years than I care to remember, she made her first road appearance since the late 80’s.  I have a few teething problems to sort and some miles under her belt before we make the trip to Malvern. Took the wife on a short trip down to the local pub for a celebratory pint .

FAB!!!

doesn't "Pride of Ownership" include scoring for higher mileages.

I Know Mike ( Brenda) normally gets a lot of mileage in when allowed and his car is immaculate 

but really the last year ( well most of it !) should have been only essential travel -in any vehicle !

so perhaps pick a start date with a pic submitted with the days paper date and odometer reading in same pic.

31 minutes ago, Hamish said:

doesn't "Pride of Ownership" include scoring for higher mileages.

I Know Mike ( Brenda) normally gets a lot of mileage in when allowed and his car is immaculate 

but really the last year ( well most of it !) should have been only essential travel -in any vehicle !

so perhaps pick a start date with a pic submitted with the days paper date and odometer reading in same pic.

Hi H,

Last year (October), when restrictions eased, we drove to JoG, Friday to Monday. That was around 1200 miles.  I also did Porlock Weir via Wiltshire in the summer & home in a day, which was 535 miles in 12hours. Scotland two weeks ago (Ullapool and Isle of Skye was 1600 miles), so they soon rack up.

No where is far in a TR.

Cheers.

1 mile to the village's petrol station, a short drive to warm the engine up,

back at the garage adjusting the ignition with my ignition lamp, tick over is better now.

Very pleased about....

275 miles Falmouth to Leatherhead largely in the pouring rain.

2 issues, RH wiper shaft loose in the saddle due to broken angled spacer underneath, allowing water to drip onto my leg !

& when rain was really heavy, the indicator tell tale light would start flashing when I was not indicating !

I think this must be if water gets onto some of the connections it make the flasher unit think that a bulb is connected, so it starts flashing. soon stopped when things dried out.

Other than that not a bad drive, I avoided the A303, & used the A30, which although slower, was much more suited to TR driving.

Engine now done approx 1500 miles, & not showing any problems.

Bob.

2 hours ago, Lebro said:

Engine now done approx 1500 miles, & not showing any problems.

Good to hear! Yes, I was wondering whether if, after your engine rebuild, you had to "bed in" new oversized pistons and cylinder sleeves, as one would have done "running" in a new car in the old days. But haven't you been a naughty boy, going fast too, and using higher rpm?

Revs restricted to approx 3000 for the first 1000 miles, now starting to explore the upper ranges !

Best way to bed in the rings is foot on the floor in top o/d going up a hill (but limiting revs)

Bob.

2 hours ago, Lebro said:

Best way to bed in the rings is foot on the floor in top o/d going up a hill (but limiting revs)

I'm always learning in this Forum from you and several others too. (In Italy, we say "learn the art and store it for later" [impara l'arte e mettila da parte]). You never know...

Edited by DavidBee

Glorious Track day at Anglesey track with MG’s on Track lads and lasses 

perfect weather and the opportunity to do 4 x 20min sessions of the coastal track and 3 x 20mins sessions of the  international track. 

very well run day pics to follow in a separate thread i hope.

7AAEF32A-F907-4204-9BA8-AEEA6F71F5CE.jpeg

39E8FB1C-A148-4BBB-8D1E-2092EFBB6E8B.jpeg

Edited by Hamish
Adding phone pics
On 8/8/2021 at 4:37 PM, Lebro said:

Revs restricted to approx 3000 for the first 1000 miles, now starting to explore the upper ranges !

Bob.

Bob, If you want it revved lend it to Hamish for an hill climb.  

Peter W

26 minutes ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Bob, If you want it revved lend it to Hamish for an hill climb.  

Peter W

Peter !!!

what are you trying to say !!

………….

He wants it revving

not the Rev counter needle bending !!!!!

:ph34r:

10 cars from the Redrose Group spent the day at Tatton Park Car Show Knutsford Cheshire. It was a little wet but we all had a good catch up and started to look at events for next year. Brenda picked up Best Sports Car Runner up for 60s cars.

Mike redrose group 

71CD11CC-ED74-4C07-8176-80D1C8181C49.jpeg

12C413D2-CCE2-4AB4-A6F4-B28401D0EBA0.jpeg

028A4FCF-9D82-44D6-921A-20AD9AA0613E.jpeg

8F0A8D5A-ABB5-4F4C-8CC5-98B64D4FE87F.jpeg