Where did you drive to with your TR today

A brilliant long weekend on the Isle of Wight - 330 mile round trip taking in  great roads and visiting some fantastic places.

The TR4A was the perfect car for the islands narrow lanes with the added advanatge of not being able to fit in any children or for there to be too much shopping done - win win in my book.  

IMG_4098.jpg

8a7f9c79-bb21-47ee-8e30-526880deca05.jpg

IMG_4078.jpg

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

On 6/29/2021 at 4:41 PM, ANFRUSSELL said:

A brilliant long weekend on the Isle of Wight - 330 mile round trip taking in  great roads and visiting some fantastic places.

The TR4A was the perfect car for the islands narrow lanes with the added advanatge of not being able to fit in any children or for there to be too much shopping done - win win in my book.  

IMG_4098.jpg

8a7f9c79-bb21-47ee-8e30-526880deca05.jpg

IMG_4078.jpg

Honey I shrunk the TR!       (Bottom  pic).

Rodders.

Edited by modelbuilder
Add text

Well what a great day TRing five Redrose members meet up for a drive to Caernarfon Castle to meet up with other tr groups Stoke, North Wales and a group from Devon (holiday in the area) thanks to all involved.

Mike Redrose group 

2DFA6150-2DF0-48D7-BF24-F80F0471ED29.jpeg

86DDA51C-DB74-47FD-B99C-595A53785A0B.jpeg

09F6807C-70E9-422D-9A39-7A6E8D054E61.jpeg

On 7/3/2021 at 4:46 PM, Nigel A said:

Drive from Harrogate to Loch Awe yesterday and tomorrow we are off to Isle of Mull

We’re hoping to visit Mull ourselves again later in the year, but in the modern car as part of a bigger trip.   It’s a great place for eagle and buzzard spotting.   Some of the roads aren’t great and we have caught the bottom in our modern car before.   Let us know how you got on in the TR.

Paul

We ‘did’ Mull 2 years ago albeit in a ‘modern’ slk200. Wonderful place, lots to see and do. Birds, boats, seals,otters etc

Reccomend Druimnacoish B&B. He’s from Edinburgh, she’s from Nederland and the kids speak Gaelic!

james

Edited by james christie

Back home from another great Aysgarth weekend. Big thank you to Ian Landen for a well organised, covid compliant event. Not the usual format but meeting up with  old and new friends  more than made up for the covid restrictions. Already looking forward to next year

605E8D01-A663-4738-A789-0D884C6CDA9B.jpeg

Edited by Jonathan Smith

A nice Sunday afternoon drive in the countryside at loton park. Complete with deer Doe and Calf crossing the track err road !

EB8E098D-129A-47FF-A747-F1C9859B5480.jpeg

3 hours ago, Lebro said:

You got the water pump fixed then 

Bob.

after a fashion 
heath Robinson method I up dated the water pump thread on here. 

Edited by Hamish

In between — for me anyway— massive DIY push (concreting cracked patio flagstones and refurbishing front steps) I visited two local stores and took a detour home via a 120km road.

I was feeling twitchy, not my 3. Well, understandable, after several mishaps (will report in KST post later).

I tested overdrive, acceleration, brakes, steering. All rock solid. TR very responsive! Overheating a bit, not sure why.

Another similar escape today to get the wonderful UK-British BRADITE primer cum topcoat paint from Hickeys in town. I'll think of something for another detour.

20210715_161440.jpg

20210715_183234.jpg

Brenda  looks brilliant, as usual, Mike.  A day out sounds very pleasant but I'll have to settle for fibreglassing the lid of my trailer in this heat ! 

Something makes me think, you've got ' life ' better sorted than me.   ;)

Pete