• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Crawfie said:

Nowhere !!

Missus was 6 hours late from returning from the shops .

“I won’t be long …….”

Probably 2 hours each way for you guys, stuck on the moor.

6 hours ago, Crawfie said:

Nowhere !!

Missus was 6 hours late from returning from the shops .

“I won’t be long …….”

Sounds like a poor excuse to me, ahhh unless she took the 6.

Edited by Misfit

So four guys fron North of the county,

met for a coffee at Penrith, and just took off heading up the Eden Valley, and across the border into SW Scotland for a picnic.

1221775067_junepicnic004xresize.jpg.f4b43c823ada7f9b82116967214d893d.jpg

Great stuff and a real, un wind and a chuckle. What could be better with likeminded friends?

John.

1034878395_junepicnic003xresize.jpg.4817e50e0848027cab6b12c1d73fca10.jpg

Had a very pleasant few days on the Coast to Coast run organised by Paul Hogan this last week.

Setting off from Portchester Castle on Monday morning to a great hotel in Usk, via a lunchtime stop at a canal side pub and Avebury where we spent a good couple of hours around the stones, in the little museum and then in the manor gardens.

Tuesday saw us heading off from Usk to a spectacular hotel on the Anglesey side of the Menai strait, via an early lunch stop and then Portmeirion.

We headed toward home on Wednesday stopping overnight at the Fleece Inn near Evesham and then on Thursday a nice hour and a half or so at Hidcote Manor Gardens before the last leg home. In total we did a little over 700 miles in the 4 days.

DSC03388a.JPG

DSC03426a.jpg

DSC03439a.jpg

DSC03469a.jpg

DSC03506a.jpg

DSC03541a.jpg

Edited by Rod1883
6 hours ago, Rod1883 said:

Had a very pleasant few days on the Coast to Coast run organised by Paul Hogan this last week.

Setting off from Portchester Castle on Monday morning to a great hotel in Usk, via a lunchtime stop at a canal side pub and Avebury where we spent a good couple of hours around the stones, in the little museum and then in the manor gardens.

Tuesday saw us heading off from Usk to a spectacular hotel on the Anglesey side of the Menai strait, via an early lunch stop and then Portmeirion.

We headed toward home on Wednesday stopping overnight at the Fleece Inn near Evesham and then on Thursday a nice hour and a half or so at Hidcote Manor Gardens before the last leg home. In total we did a little over 700 miles in the 4 days.

DSC03388a.JPG

DSC03426a.jpg

DSC03439a.jpg

DSC03469a.jpg

DSC03506a.jpg

DSC03541a.jpg

17413735-4265-4931-AA6D-F05828845BB0.png

On 6/20/2021 at 8:52 AM, Lebro said:

Not in the TR, but currently at top end of the Thames at Lechlade in our Shetland.

Bob

IMG-20210619-WA0013.thumb.jpeg.55015a5e33f29672e560de6f1f950ac0.jpeg

In my younger days, three of us collected a Thames camping skiff at Lechlade and over three or four days rowed it down to Reading in homage to Jerome K. Jerome. We had a 'one pint only at lunchtime' rule otherwise the whole tour would have gone pear-shaped! We slept(?) on the skiff each night. The seat boards were removed to the bank, large iron hoops installed and a heavy canvas cover secured over the top. Definitely not as comfortable as the Shetland, but definitely a tour we all remember.

Miles

Out at the mountains you see your tiny TR a short time before we arrive at our mountain hut (up in the rear)

:DFullSizeRender.jpg.39c2516ca8c3a9ed3bd1b18360cb43df.jpg

Me and my queen hope our servants prepared everything for our convenience.

5 TR's from Coventry Group, and a Stag (and a Jag F-Pace, as owner had problems with his TR6 recently) went on a trip to Northumberland last week. Stopped over on way up at Bishop Aukland, then Beamish Living Museum and Angel of the North the next day, before arriving at hour hotel near Alnwick later that day.

Visited most towns on the coast nearby, sailed out to the Farne Islands, and drove to Holy Island. Visited Cragside and Rothbury.

Mostly incident free, apart from my starter motor packing up, and lots of pushing by the rest of the group... And an exhaust coming apart on a TR3, but that was quickly sorted by a really helpful mechanic in a garage in Embleton.

Must say, my first visit to that part of the Country, and I was very impressed.

Trip was organised by scenic car tours, apart from stop-overs on way up and way home. They did a good job.

John

7 hours ago, MilesA said:

In my younger days, three of us collected a Thames camping skiff at Lechlade and over three or four days rowed it down to Reading in homage to Jerome K. Jerome. We had a 'one pint only at lunchtime' rule otherwise the whole tour would have gone pear-shaped! We slept(?) on the skiff each night. The seat boards were removed to the bank, large iron hoops installed and a heavy canvas cover secured over the top. Definitely not as comfortable as the Shetland, but definitely a tour we all remember.

Miles

What ? No dog !

Bob

Out of Germany at the Plansee (Austria)

IMG_8139.JPG.62db17cbe82d31032347538ea15acafc.JPG

To return and vistit Schloss Linderhof

IMG_8143.JPG.8a86e0cd83ca41dfb2c60d0a2f4cdad6.JPG

Sorry, I was not allowed to park the TR next to it

Edited by Z320
On 6/20/2021 at 9:52 AM, Lebro said:

Not in the TR, but currently at top end of the Thames at Lechlade in our Shetland.

Bob

IMG-20210619-WA0013.thumb.jpeg.55015a5e33f29672e560de6f1f950ac0.jpeg

Excellent !

glad you are getting the Shetland out and enjoying being on the water Bob

I have just sold the mighty Kedr as the combination of Covid and Brexit made it just too hard to get any use out of it this past year.

So i may buy something in the uk or hold off for a while to see how things pan out for Med boating. 

steve

13 minutes ago, Steves_TR6 said:

Excellent !

glad you are getting the Shetland out and enjoying being on the water Bob

I have just sold the mighty Kedr as the combination of Covid and Brexit made it just too hard to get any use out of it this past year.

So i may buy something in the uk or hold off for a while to see how things pan out for Med boating. 

steve

Steve

you’d Be more than welcome on the Dart. 
lovely estuary trips up the river and great motoring in start bay. 
some great walk on marinas

and a new one being built at Noss. 
https://www.ybw.com/marinas/news/plans-for-75m-redevelopment-of-noss-on-dart-marina-submitted-to-council-56500

DBF1CBE8-27C8-4CD2-93FD-5DC2788271CF.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Steve

you’d Be more than welcome on the Dart. 
lovely estuary trips up the river and great motoring in start bay. 
some great walk on marinas

and a new one being built at Noss. 
https://www.ybw.com/marinas/news/plans-for-75m-redevelopment-of-noss-on-dart-marina-submitted-to-council-56500

DBF1CBE8-27C8-4CD2-93FD-5DC2788271CF.jpeg

Thanks Hamish, thats certainly a lovely part of the world!

my thoughts are to buy either something smallish but fast with just enough accomodation for the two of us to explore in, or more of a traditional flybridge ‘floating apartment’ to spend a lot of time on and explore in a more leisurely fashion.

the boat market is a bit mad at the moment, i received an offer for Kedr that was above my expectation level before it was even advertised!

steve

A gentle run in the northwest countryside yesterday.