• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

First drive after an enforced one month lay off from driving as a result of Mr Astra Zeneca deciding to give my brain a pasting with a blood clot - very fortunately only minor damage and well on the way to a hoped for full recovery, but still very scary ( incidentally the guy in the next bed to me had a serious stroke within 24 hours of having the Modena vaccine - he was a fit 42 year old builder - you don't hear about clots from other vaccines in the media - I wonder why?)

Driving the TR is wonderful medicine - apologies for the **** photographs - as you can see I'm no David Bailey - I tried to switch the sun off but it wouldn't oblige! In case you are interested and have a magnifying glass, the backdrop is Abberton Reservoir just south of Colchester.

Take care everyone 

Cheers Rich

IMG_0265.JPG - Resized.JPG

IMG_0266.JPG - Resized.JPG

IMG_0267.JPG - Resized.JPG

Delighted to see you back in the driver's seat Rich.  :)

Regarding the photographs .. fantastic to see your superb car here  ..and I think you might expect a cheque from Mr Tarmac for promoting his excellent road surfaces :ph34r:

Pete

image20.thumb.jpeg.6eb63ea69f01dd3a5bb6d53c20e9cda1.jpeg

^ I wasn't planning to go out in my 4A this weekend.

Edited by Bfg
50 minutes ago, Bfg said:

Regarding the photographs .. fantastic to see your superb car here  ..and I think you might expect a cheque from Mr Tarmac for promoting his excellent road surfaces :ph34r:

Pete

I think not planning a trip out this weekend is the right choice. 

Hello All

2TR's and a lowly Spitfire(that organised the run!)and a Gt6 and Ford Capri at Turweston Aerodrome

Roger

DSC02402.JPG

DSC02404.JPG

DSC02407.JPG

DSC02410.JPG

Richard, Good to see you and your car out on the road, you have rebuilt a great looking TR.

Methinks a photography course next !

Cheers,  Conrad. 

1 hour ago, openroad said:

Richard, Good to see you and your car out on the road, you have rebuilt a great looking TR.

Methinks a photography course next !

Cheers,  Conrad. 

Conrad - I think I need a camera first, not just a mobile phone!

Cheers Rich

10 hours ago, Bfg said:

Pete

Pete - they are certainly getting on with it - looking good - hopefully we will be able to go out for a blast when its done.

Cheers Rich

Decided to have a run out, which was possible as a result of Hecklers help with ny poorly prop. A drive to Dartmoor, a coffee stop by a stream and a  local Princetown Ice cream. Before making my way home via Holne Reservoir.

DCF7B5F4-7931-418A-B52F-58ABB0222569.png

Edited by Misfit
3 hours ago, Georges said:

Sorry to interrupt this discussion, I don't know how to contact rcreweread , because I read on earlier discussion that you have some overdrive for sale.

If it the case please contact georges.merran@gmail.com

Thanks

Georges in Finland

I've just seen this and am about to contact you George via email so I would remove your email address from your original post

Cheers Rich Crewe-Read

Really good drive out yesterday with 3 other cars from the Leicestershire group. Down the Fosse Way and through the winding lanes to the National Trust - Hidcote Manor Garden. Followed by a stop in Chipping Camden for ice cream - a perfect day spent with good friends.

Mick

IMG20210612143017.jpg

IMG20210612162402.jpg

20 hours ago, Georges said:

Sorry to interrupt this discussion, I don't know how to contact rcreweread , because I read on earlier discussion that you have some overdrive for sale.

If it the case please contact

Thanks

Georges in Finland

email deleted, as Richard made contact.

John.

No photo I am afraid, but yesterday was the first time I was able to fire up the 3A since its round England tour last September. Longest I have had a car laid up.

I followed Mick's guidance on pre-starting engine lubrication to the letter. I then reconnected everything and hit the starter button. Took a while to 'catch' (Webers are a faff at the best of times) but once it caught, it settled down to an even idle straightaway.

Took it on an Italian tune up on the A1M (between cameras) then back to north London. I had forgotten how well sorted the car now is having tracked down what cam it has (thanks to Tom Boyd of this parish), enabling Mark and Gerry at Enginuity to tune it so well before the trip last year. Best its been in 11 years. I have never had stale fuel problems, probably because the Webers gulp the stuff at such alarming rates there is no time for the car to misbehave. Yesterday was no exception.

To counteract the understeer, I had that morning reversed the tyre pressures so that it runs higher pressure on the front wheels. Handling seemed better to.

All in all, a really satisfying morning.

Again, sorry about the absence of a photo but the A1M can't compete with all the glamorous places above. Just need to find time and space to visit a few such locations in the near future....

Miles

well done Miles  great that it behaved so well on reawakening 

H