Where did you drive to with your TR today

31 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Had an excellent drive around the Chiltern hills today.

Many bluebells in flower (early)

Had to stop for a Red Kite having lunch in the road in front of me. After about 20 seconds it flew away as another car came the other way.

Spectacular view along Bledlow ridge (what did happen to Billy Joe McCallister)

Roger

As we all know Roger ... "Billie Joe MacAllister jumped off the Tallahatchie Bridge"...allegedly.

Mick Richards

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

what did happen to Billy Joe McCallister

Don't know what happened to him, but his family went on to manufacture chain saws for B and Q

Also the girl  in the song claims:

There was a virus going round, Papa caught it and he died last year.

Does that help at all?

Charlie.

Drove about 20 feet today. 
ready for Curborough tomorrow where I will drive about 6000 yards :rolleyes:

2E8C1F0B-D13D-4F8D-AECD-2865A5F27FEF.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Deggers said:

Tidy looking rig, H.   :)

All the best for Curborough. (Taking the GoPro?)

Deggers

Hope to get some GoPro footage ( is it still footage if it’s digital !?!?) from the inside this time. If that works ?

Today popped to Widecombe on the moor via Haytor, Then carried on,  crossed over to the M’hampstead  to Princetown Road. Two bridges  then home via Holne Reservoir and Totnes. Got home just as it started to cloud over a bit. Sadly TR stayed at home.  Good day though.

5CD21278-D1A6-4883-9FAC-00EC5A82F81D.jpeg

Had a nice run out today in the 4A.

Started off Heathrow to Thersfield on the A505 to see this years crop of Pasque flowers - quite stunning in their colour and simplicity.

Then off to Blakeney on the North Norfolk coast. The Sail barge Juno was moored up and look quite smart https://sailingbargejuno.co.uk/

Then down to Norwich and back home on the A11

360 miles in all at apprx 30mpg and lots of MPH for a considerable distance.

Roger

Edited by RogerH
17 hours ago, RogerH said:

Had a nice run out today in the 4A.

Started off Heathrow to Thersfield on the A505 to see this years crop of Pasch flowers - quite stunning in their colour and simplicity.

Then off to Blakeney on the North Norfolk coast. The Sail barge Juno was moored up and look quite smart https://sailingbargejuno.co.uk/

Then down to Norwich and back home on the A11

360 miles in all at apprx 30mpg and lots of MPH for a considerable distance.

Roger

That was a good run Roger,  Never heard the term Pasch flowers before, from the French meaning Easter I gather.  Very nice too to get out and about during this fine northerly breeze weather.   The sailing barges sometimes come up the Orwell to Ipswich. If you happen to revisit them for such an occasion do drop in for a coffee.

Pete.  

1 hour ago, Misfit said:

Hamish how did you get on at  Curborough?

wow that’s good of you to remember and ask

It was a great. The weather was fantastic and after a worrying first run with a miss fire for 3/4 of the run that cleared I just got faster and faster or is that more brave or reckless 

I ended up taking 2 seconds off my best time and beat the 73 second bogey time. Which when I started seemed to be an Pie in the sky in achievable target. 

5 of us in the club class 

see the results here. They still need to be adjusted for our handicap system which should see me be in front of shaun ?

I have attempted another video with 2 cameras but not sure I have the editing skills or equipment/programs yet to do it justice. 

Results 18 April 2021.pdf

9D22FB75-A6E1-4200-9B26-B635726D7F6C.jpeg

77FE7899-6836-456E-B90D-154040CBC96A.jpeg

01C5DCCC-4D5E-4583-B8C7-13BBD9616CF8.jpeg

Edited by Hamish
1 hour ago, MilesA said:

Really enjoyed that Hamish. All that hard work in lock down starting to kick in? Plus warm weather!

Oh, and the two camera stuff is really good.

Where's next?

Miles

Thank Miles

its really the first time I’ve run the car in anger since the suspension etc mods. The event last year was wet/damp. 

the two camera stuff is harder than it looks to put together - I need to practice that too !!!

bit of a gap to my next event as I don’t venture too far that would necessitate a stay over. 
mira in May is cancelled so hoping for 

3 sisters at Wigan 13th june

Aintree Liverpool 26th June

I hope to do the minimum to count in the champs (6)

some others do a dozen or more then they can pick the best 6 scores to count. Odds are better that way.

Coming out of hibernation since last October! Checked all liquid levels, primed the carbs with fuel pump priming lever, 3/4 tank of Esso Premium from last October, turned over to get oil pressure up but still took another 45 seconds of cranking before it burst into life, pumped up tyres and then went for a blast-big, big smile and ran a treat - topped it up with a couple of gallons of Esso premium but forgot to take some photos whilst out so just a couple from the drive

Will be out later today when hopefully sun comes out!

Cheers Rich

PS why do some of my photos keep changing orientation when I load them and how do I re-orientate them?

IMG_0192.JPG - Resized.JPG

IMG_0193.JPG - Resized.JPG

Edited by rcreweread