• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

Little exercise in the park today.

Cheers

Dan

PS Ian, I can only highlight the tropics because that’s all I’ve got.  I get jealous to see your group gatherings, intercontinental travels, car shows and seasonal changes.  The TR community over here is small - and so is the universe of mechanics who know anything about these machines.  

E3D9EE28-A689-4B14-B17B-B3DE40DD70A3.jpeg

9 minutes ago, 2long said:

PS Ian, I can only highlight the tropics because that’s all I’ve got.  I get jealous to see your group gatherings, intercontinental travels, car shows and seasonal changes.  The TR community over here is small - and so is the universe of mechanics who know anything about these machines.  

E3D9EE28-A689-4B14-B17B-B3DE40DD70A3.jpeg

Dan,  I'd swap with you anytime.  You appear to be allowed out, presumably your Covid situation is not as dire as ours so you aren't in lockdown and you have stunning weather.  Oh and fabulous beaches etc.  I could go on.  Enjoy.

Rgds Ian

PS Nice cars

Had to go out today, so took the TR, had a nice run apparently was seen by eagle eyed member who phoned me.  

On my return home I took the scenic route, which put a smile on my face. I stopped to take a photo.

Maybe someone will recognise where it is.

8AC2EA67-0395-4AA9-B410-0589A4E722D4.jpeg

Edited by SuzanneH
2 hours ago, RogerH said:

it was essential  :P  honest guv.

Roger

'tis indeed essential for some of us to see some glimmer of hope.  I've been keeping my mind busy as best I could, but surely each of us have a limit to self-motivation. My own state of mind has become increasingly volatile this past month. Having been kicked out of my farmhouse home in October, to then be locked into a badly designed studio, listening to the noises of other apartments, with limited sunlight, and without family (..so on my own), and having no garage, garden shed or workshop to be constructive in - is a strain both physically and in psychological well being.  So I would like to express a BIG THANK You - to Roger and Suzanne, and to each n' every other one of you, in whatever country, who have shown your TR's (and derivatives) out n' about and being enjoyed.  Those photos and a little description really does help. 

Pete.  

Edited by Bfg
21 minutes ago, iain said:

Good job you weren’t in Devon Roger . 

Not in Devon. 
https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/covidiots-broke-lockdown-drove-dartmoor-5054632

Lets see if the same news outlet is as keen to publish the results of any appeals

"To exercise, which can be with up to one other person from outside your household or bubble. The exercise should ideally be limited to once per day.

Guidance is that people should try to do this locally."

Ideally = Would be be nice 

Guidance =  The establishments wishes - not a law, there is NO restriction upon the distance travelled to excercise, we've been here with the unfortunate Mountain rescue volunteer falling when rescuing 2 outside pursuits walkers about 2 weeks ago. 

As badly as we may regard the people who do expose the public to increased risks,  by the police overreacting and the media reporting such actions and "gold plating" ...ideal and guidance into being laws...which they aren't, then these Covidiots stand every chance of not being prosecuted when the case comes to court. 

If it's against the law ...don't do it.

Mick Richards   

Edited by Motorsport Mickey
14 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Family found camping on 'dangerous' cliff edge in North Yorkshire https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-56232546

Candidates for the Darwin award methinks.

Mick Richards

Sorry, I didn't mean to contribute to the thread drift  ..I was just venting a bit.  And that particular subject is covered in other topics. 

I just like to see "Where did you drive to with your TR today"   B)

Decided to blow away the cobwebs and took a short run of about 35 miles in the TR4 following an oil change. Went like a dreamIMG_4774.thumb.jpg.5848aa4c6eb7881a3cccb0743718298a.jpgIMG_4775.thumb.jpg.246bbdaffbfdd3cb0efcd7ab9cc1a418.jpg