• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

It was MOT time for my daily driver today and because of Covid I'm leaving it over the weekend so we drove to the testing station about 4 miles away with the TR4 and the daily driver. It was very icy and we slithered around on our feet when we reached the testing station. However the TR4 was sure footed and I was able to stay in a higher gear than normal preventing wheel spin. My daily driver (Alfa 159) is much twitchier however requiring more use of the lower gears. I also had to run it for 20 mins to thaw it out but the TR had been tucked up inside so no problem there. Such a pleasure to be out in the TR again.

IMG_4740.jpg

On 1/15/2021 at 10:54 AM, Ocheye said:

It was MOT time for my daily driver today and because of Covid I'm leaving it over the weekend so we drove to the testing station about 4 miles away with the TR4 and the daily driver. It was very icy and we slithered around on our feet when we reached the testing station. However the TR4 was sure footed and I was able to stay in a higher gear than normal preventing wheel spin. My daily driver (Alfa 159) is much twitchier however requiring more use of the lower gears. I also had to run it for 20 mins to thaw it out but the TR had been tucked up inside so no problem there. Such a pleasure to be out in the TR again.

IMG_4740.jpg

Almost a disappointment that my Alfa passed its' MOT test with no problems so the TR4 is tucked up in bed again. As we've no legitimate excuse to be out and about during lockdown it will have to stay there until our weekly 'click and collect' from Asda. Can't wait!

Well the TR3 came out of the garage for the first time in months, admittedly it was so that I could use the garage to do some carpentry work on my lockdown campervan project. The goodness is that once the fuel was through it started straight away. 

George 

20210124_115558.jpg

I rolled my TR6 out of the garage and onto the drive today, as it was actually sunny and above 10c, to:

fit new four seasons heater valve

renew antifreeze

renew rear exhaust box hangers as exhaust banging on chassis

all jobs easily and quickly accomplished, that doesn’t usually happen, and necessary test around the block completed

topped up the coolant and put him back in the garage

Steve

FD03F68B-6865-4ED5-B468-64229336AAB2.jpeg

Needing to go collect an order from Cook and it’s not raining.... so took the TR !

new heater valve working nicely, much easier to operate/modulate thannthe really stiff old one

can ran perfectly and was nice to get out, even for a few miles.

TR back in the garage for a while now, as freezing weather/salty roads due back next week and lockdown running on anyway.

F2AE6BB7-C966-43DA-B8B9-D76ABC7AA458.jpeg

Beautiful car Mike, always glad to see Brenda, looking sublime as always, in these pages.  Your frequent use of the TR continues to be an inspiration.

Best Regards to you both, Pete.

• 2 weeks later...

Today was the first time out on the road since May 2020. The Tr had new springs, new exhaust, all new radiator hoses and rustproofing injection. It started well with new petrol I drove to the local shop for food while the radflush was working in the engine.  The new springs allow the exhaust to remain in place over speed bumps. There used to be some mild vibration at 60 mph but it seems to have gone away, could it be the new exhaust ? 

This was also the first time out since the new petrol tank. There was 1x gallon in the new tank and I added a second. The fuel gauge needle moves  just off the stop but did not register the 2nd gallon. There is some slight condensation in the fuel gauge glass. There was a new earth fitted .    Is it time for a new sender and where can I find a top quality unit. (what do you think Bob? )

Great to be driving it in the sun and no rain.

Richard &  B

On 2/6/2021 at 11:09 PM, 2long said:

I needed a dip

48E80CB9-ED8E-4314-BED4-612CAA55DBFD.jpeg

Good morning Dan. I’ve come to the conclusion that you are what we would call a wind up merchant. (No offence intended by the way). I’m hugely envious. My wife and I normally go on holiday to somewhere warm and tropical during February and this year for the first time in years we are stuck in the UK. 

Rgds Ian

11 hours ago, Richardtr3a said:

This was also the first time out since the new petrol tank. There was 1x gallon in the new tank and I added a second. The fuel gauge needle moves  just off the stop but did not register the 2nd gallon. There is some slight condensation in the fuel gauge glass. There was a new earth fitted .    Is it time for a new sender and where can I find a top quality unit. (what do you think Bob? )

Richard &  B

Another thought Richard, it could be that the float is catching on the side of your new tank, & sticking.

Again a test with a length of hooked wire you could prove / disprove that theory. I use one with an S shape at the end  turned horizontal so you can pull & push on the float / wire support.

Bob.

Took the TR to Sainsburys this morning, exciting huh...

whilst there i found that, to my dismay, they were out of stock of Marmite !!!

no choice but to buy this ‘reduced salt’ version...what is the world coming to

steve

ED115738-B224-4131-B85A-AFA2621B6C41.jpeg