Where did you drive to with your TR today

Out with my wife in the TR for a short trip to the neighbor village

to visit their "Cinema over the valley", a lovely idea, always very popular.

P1170013-b.JPG.86b8d23f1bd4ad0d4c96bc827fe30363.JPG

Sadly it's always the same movie "sundown" :) but today last time staring NEOWISE (for the next 7,000 years).

Well....., we can wait....

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

Lunch time picnic at Newlands Corner.

Two other TR3's there, one I was expecting (Turk), & a light blue one which I was not. Owner left a card on my windscreen from the London group.

Bob.

Finally, FINALLY had a first run of the year in my 4 (yes, I know - what took me so long?). 

Had a nice 3-hour run up to the cabin by the lake - mostly back roads (some dirt, plus the equivalent of A and B roads) which were almost deserted for the first two hours. 

I had a little misfire to begin, and got a bit of a spit-back on acceleration for a while but everything cleared up soon enough and I got to re-acquaint myself with the immense joys of TR driving. 

Jan and I will be out in the countryside all day tomorrow so will post pics if suitable. 

Love that car!

Tim

Run out to Mere and back in Geoffrey this morning, dodged a few showers but nothing worth stopping to put the roof up! Zig-zag hill (B3081) blissfully empty on the way home for a little hill climb:D

1 hour ago, Ben Freer said:

Run out to Mere and back in Geoffrey this morning, dodged a few showers but nothing worth stopping to put the roof up! Zig-zag hill (B3081) blissfully empty on the way home for a little hill climb:D

That brings back memories.  Happened upon Zig Zag hill many years ago in my Company car, a Vauxhall Cavalier.  Had so much fun driving up it, I turned around, drove down and did it all again,  Brilliant road.  Mike.

Tonight, only 2nd ride of the year in the Tr6 !! The first was really just a check that the vitals were ok after winter & lockdown. Went on quiet B roads west of Durham. Think the planets must have aligned as the car ran & handled like a dream . Not something I normally do & a bit unbecoming but had a short dice with an A5, mainly 3rd gear flicking in & out of OD - couldn't leave me on the twisty's & wasn't too far ahead on the straights. Big smile & quite proud of the old girl. Tootled back home & packed her of to bed - I'll deal with the oil leaks in the morning :D

Alan

13 hours ago, Ben Freer said:

Hi Ben & Vicky. Did you see Diane while in Mere ? & if so how is she doing .

Bob.

1 hour ago, Lebro said:

Hi Ben & Vicky. Did you see Diane while in Mere ? & if so how is she doing .

Bob.

Yes Bob, that was the reason for the run really. Diane is not well and I’m sure would appreciate a message or two.

First time on the road since new springs, exhaust and gearbox selector. I managed to get to the farm store about 9 miles away. The car ran really smoothly and it was the first time out in the rain for many months. Only a light intermittent shower and everything working well. At last  !!

Richard & B.

On 7/24/2020 at 1:33 PM, TorontoTim said:

Finally, FINALLY had a first run of the year in my 4 (yes, I know - what took me so long?). 

Had a nice 3-hour run up to the cabin by the lake - mostly back roads (some dirt, plus the equivalent of A and B roads) which were almost deserted for the first two hours. 

I had a little misfire to begin, and got a bit of a spit-back on acceleration for a while but everything cleared up soon enough and I got to re-acquaint myself with the immense joys of TR driving. 

Jan and I will be out in the countryside all day tomorrow so will post pics if suitable. 

Love that car!

Tim

Well, in six and a half hours on the b-roads today, we were having too much fun to stop and take a photo of the car. Instead, here's how we looked. (Apologies for the covid beard - untrimmed since mid-March). 

IMG_20200725_165608.jpg

Afternoon all hope we are all fit and well, had a few hours out today enjoying the weather, just under 100 miles running around the lanes Leek, Ilam, Wetton, Fanfield head, Dove holes, Chaple-en-le-frith, Rainow, and back home. Only spotted 3 Stags and 1 MG.

Mike Redrose group 

BA267E60-C811-4A93-8EA1-2DFEB82972AA.jpeg

F4608A57-A07D-4472-9C40-99D977E167DD.jpeg

CF109840-2254-4E6D-BD79-73073819CC84.jpeg

A3AAC63E-1001-4351-B8DD-65C9AD0D70CD.jpeg

18 minutes ago, TorontoTim said:

Nice photos down the lanes, Mike. 

18 minutes ago, TorontoTim said:

Nice photos down the lanes, Mike. 

+1

06B44892-3E13-4955-8A8E-E04C19E2D373.jpeg.328a086ea99ff257ca1942ca161ed406.jpeg
The running in continued today with a 100 mile round trip around the Cranbourne Chase ANOB ( yes, included zig-zag hill again:D) marred slightly by an intermittent lack of power when pushing on up hills. This turned out to be gunk in the fuel filter which I cleaned out on our return. Simples. However at the time I was thinking bad thoughts and more £££’s. Funny how you always assume the worst, but when it turns out to be something simple the relief is disproportionately large! Same again tomorrow morning!

Me and Sue popped out this evening and headed West along the A40.

Did a good 100 miles and the 4A went like a Rolex watch (but with a nice exhaust note)

Only issue - the overdrive indicator LED did not come on.

Roger

10 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Me and Sue popped out this evening and headed West along the A40.

Did a good 100 miles and the 4A went like a Rolex watch (but with a nice exhaust note)

Only issue - the overdrive indicator LED did not come on.

Roger

I’m hoping for more Rolex and less Timex tomorrow Roger!

I think it’s interesting how some good car photos use a dirty/industrial/uninviting backdrop to highlight the car.  This is my attempt at a warehouse location but it doesn’t quite get it right.  Anyone else try that?

Cheers

Dan

AED849F9-7B9D-47E0-85A9-4D37CF070F90.jpeg

Hi Dan,

the pic is toooooo busy and stealing the looks of the car.

Vertical lines, angled lines on the ground, lattice work to the right, rectangles, a sunlight flash to rear of car and rather grubby two tone building.

Everything is angular except the graceful lines of the car.

You need more curves in the picture - nudge nudge wink wink

Roger

3 hours ago, 2long said:

I think it’s interesting how some good car photos use a dirty/industrial/uninviting backdrop to highlight the car.  This is my attempt at a warehouse location but it doesn’t quite get it right.  Anyone else try that?

Cheers

Dan

AED849F9-7B9D-47E0-85A9-4D37CF070F90.jpeg

That's a beautiful car Dan and a lovely picture. You don't really need any backdrop to make that baby look good