Where did you drive to with your TR today

It was my birthday on Monday so I celebrated by a drive down through the New Forest to the sea. A superb day and a very enjoyable 150 mile round trip.   I got well suntanned in the process too.  I passed a white TR6 near Beaulieu who flashed his lights so hi if you are on the forum. 

forest1DSCF0929.jpg

forest2.jpg

forest3.jpg

forest4.jpg

Edited by RobH
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

We had  a great drive out around the Peaks and Dales of Derbyshire on Monday. Found a deserted picnic spot for lunch.

First run out since finishing my radiotherapy so made it  a bit special

Phil and Jenny

IMG_7955.JPG

Edited by Phil Kirk

Great run out today with two other couples in their Austin Healeys for a socially distanced picnic. We left Carlisle and climbed to the top of Hartside from Penrith and for an experiment we took the TR4 all the way up in top gear without any labouring. Great torque.

We then took a run through Durham and into Northumberland where we stopped at the stunning village of Blanchland. Then back home to Carlisle via Hexham.

When we got home the temperature in our conservatory was 115,  yikes!IMG_4379.thumb.jpg.a34cf13b471165040bae9957cffcd673.jpgIMG_4379.thumb.jpg.a34cf13b471165040bae9957cffcd673.jpg

IMG_4383.jpg

IMG_4380.jpg

A few of us from the Devon Group should have been off to Classic Le Mans today but as the event has been postponed until 2021 we made do with a day tour round Dartmoor and down to the coast for a socially distant picnic. 

E619DCB2-7BFC-4B7A-AD95-82E0B36A1A96.jpeg

Great video. How nice it is to see TRs being driven in different locations. I’m sure that there are loads of videos out there that have not been shared. Go on, upload them to YouTube and let us all enjoy them. It’s easy and it’s free!

Rodders.

7 hours ago, foster461 said:

4th July 2020, spectacular day here in the north east USA. Celebrated US independence day by driving a British car as usual. A short 8 minute video of my drive around the neighborhood

Great video Stan. I love the irony of driving a British Sportscar to celebrate independence from.........Britain :D

7 hours ago, Richardtr3a said:

Where is the traffic and who keeps all the grass so neat and tidy ??

Not much traffic around here on a normal day, less on a holiday in the middle of a pandemic. Summer thunderstorms have kept everyone busy cutting the grass twice a week..

Thanks for the tour of Mousehole Rodney.

Stan

Nice! What's the louvred bonnet car? Judging from shape of windshield stantion, a Healey?

18 hours ago, jimcwestie said:

It was a Healey 100/6.

Great looking car.

Jim

IMG_0307 (1).JPG

Thats a 100/4 actually.

Stuart.

On 7/6/2020 at 10:21 AM, stuart said:

Thats a 100/4 actually.

Stuart.

Could even be a 100/M, if the louvred bonnet is original. Lovely though, I used to own one back in the early 70's

Andy

On 7/6/2020 at 10:21 AM, stuart said:

Thats a 100/4 actually.

Thought so.

29 minutes ago, brenda said:

He must of know you were coming if you can drive straight in, you could of taken advantage of the free 6 months the government are offering.

Mike Redrose Group 

He did know I was coming Mike. I had just spoken to him on the phone ;)

I wasn't really interested in delaying the MOT. Having bought the car earlier this year I would rather know I was driving something safe. I now also have another item for my to-do list. All of the wheel bearing are in need of adjustment, so that job will be done next week.