Where did you drive to with your TR today

Pop to hall sands if you can still get down to the beach. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Pop to hall sands if you can still get down to the beach. 

I haven’t been there for years, probably 40, if that the village where some of the properties went into the sea. I have looked on maps and it seems you can, as I understand through the ruins have gone. East Prawle, Portelmouth, Salcoombe, Bantham. Plus Blackpool sands, Slapton, Beesands and Dartmouth of course all were regular visited.

Edited by Derek Hurford

Hi,

yesterday we had a 220 miles drive to visit friends and their lovely garden near Würzburg at the river Main.

We always love going there and he is an under cover petrol head and an obvious delighted house bilder to!

P1160461-b.JPG.4c62bfdbf92674e8749446ab6d878b10.JPG

IMG_7624-b.JPG.67d22dc82f78fa58a8a6d51a6d0f2f6b.JPG

On your way back my wife wanted to do some window shopping (closed  on Sunday) at the classic cars company "Ascari"  :P

specialiced for VW, but at the showroom also a Stag, a Daimler 250 Dart (right), a Maserati Mistral (behind),

a Alfa Romeo Spider (left), a Porsche 911 and a Porsche 356 cabriolet replica, nice cars.

P1160460-b.JPG.6ea55470ad1427b9ef0ace98010922cc.JPG

http://www.ascari.de/fahrzeugangebot-classic-cars-und-sportwagen/

Edited by Z320
On 5/31/2020 at 11:47 PM, John Morrison said:

Todays Picnic was to nearby Lanercost Priory, 12th century Augustinian Priory, built with

stone mostly nicked from very nearby Hadrians Wall!

Cracking Day.

John.

lanercost prioy 005 x 2.jpg

We went there this week too but weren't sure if we were meant to picnic there as the tables etc were all stacked. We went in the 1927 Morris for a change. Ended up having our picnic in the carpark at Birdoswald Roman Fort. Then went on for a lovely walk at Gilsland Spa - not a soul about.

The next day was an outing for the TR and we just had to go up to Hartside Summit. I am just so impressed with the torque of these cars.

Since lockdown relaxation we have covered 300 miles in the TR and loved every minute

IMG_4358.JPG

On 5/25/2020 at 10:37 PM, Charlie D said:

Drove to Barnard Castle today.

I’ve been having trouble with my eyesight recently, and I was advised it was the best place to go to get it tested.

Charlie.

We drove to Barnard Castle by accident (honest m'lud) on 30/5. It was a glorious day.Tried to do a walk and picnic near Alston but the path was closed so we headed to High Force but it was crammed with cars so we drove on to Barney where I went to school many years ago. We picnicked in the woods down by the river came back to Carlisle with a splendid drive on the Middleton in Teasdale to Brough road.

Andy

12 minutes ago, John L said:

We had a great drive out today, not too hot but windy, to see Merlin's Castle, does anybody recognise it?

IMG_2917 (2).JPG

Well, hem, hem, yes. I shall "own up".

I'm systematically watching the Netflix series, now up to Series 2. The locations are stunning, castle interiors included, acting less wooden as series unfolds.

Did you get a chance to see the Great Hall too?

23 hours ago, John L said:

We had a great drive out today, not too hot but windy, to see Merlin's Castle, does anybody recognise it?

Château de Pierrefonds.

Went to the town a couple of years ago with Mrs D.

As well as the the chateau it is a pleasant little town for an over night’s stop.

Several interesting buildings, as well as the chateau.

Not too impressed with the hotel though.

The hotel was empty, but they still put us in a room 3 floors up with winding stairs and no lift.

Plastic coffee cups in the room .
Told “The restaurant will be packed tonight, so you’d better book”

We did not book and there were only two other people in there.

Watched as he filled the carafe of “House wine “ from a 3 litre wine box.

And the owner never smiled once.

(ups… sorry… thought this was TripAdvisor”…)

Charlie.

Edited by Charlie D

It was Hotel Beaudon.

To be fair, Trip Advisor does rank it as the best hotel in the town (There are only 3 hotels in total in the town though.)
My wife rated it as “Average”, and there were many other comments saying how good it was.

I think my wife summed it up best with the comment;
“We thought £97 for room only was quite expensive."(That was 3 years ago.)

Charlie.

2 hours ago, Quicksilver said:

Yesterday;  First local-TR meeting in covid-19 periode.  30 members show up to have a beer and a chat after 70 days .....

Marcel

IMG_5851.JPG

IMG_5852.JPG

IMG_5854.JPG

Impressive! Good stuff! My green thumbs up for sure.

Today was a lovely summer day, all day sunny but not more than 28°C,

also at South Germany today was a "bridge day" from Corpus Christi to the weekend.

So me and my wife had a very nice 2 x 75 miles drive through the northern Black Forest to the town of Baden-Baden.

We love to drive and to stay there and try to do this at least one time each year.

The town was already very touristic again "after" (we will see) Covid 19, but with a lot of attention for each other.

P1160518-b.JPG.7e8ff33c9d43c7962dba77df5b59924f.JPG

To my surprise my wife wanted to visit the TR Shop Baden-Baden to buy some bits an pieces.

P1160519-b.JPG.f42f728f4af08ada820c69ca79826ef6.JPG

Guess what a lucky man I am with my wife at the TR shop...

:rolleyes:

Edited by Z320

Baden is the town at the county with the same name,

so this is "Baden at Baden".

Baden is from Bad, translated bath from the mineral springs, roman foundation.

Quite a little bit like your english Bath, where we also love to stay

Edited by Z320