• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

First TR drive since just before the lock-down, about 30 miles all told. There was a fair amount of traffic about even on small country roads which are usually quiet, and of course rather more cycling enthusiasts than normal for a weekday. Furloughed I assume.

I was surprised to see a tractor out flailing the undergrowth as I though that was forbidden during the nesting season. 

Think I’ll have to get a set of golf clubs, and then I can drive to all the golf clubs In Cheshire to see if I can get a putt on the practice hole then move on to the next club should be able to do about 60 miles a day in the car.

Mike Redrose Group 

8B71F96B-2B32-4A2C-A4E6-4BC818D7F83A.jpeg

16 hours ago, RobH said:

I was surprised to see a tractor out flailing the undergrowth as I though that was forbidden during the nesting season. 

It is you should report it.

Stuart.

17 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Today was the Day!

Back in the TR.

Just 10 miles or so, to a picnic, - pure therapy! loved every minute.

John.

Caldbeck? Can't really take mine out yet minus a speedo. Should be here soon.

Now I've got a luggage rack we too can have a glamorous picnic on the fells!

Andy

Took my 6 out today for an mot and 50 mile round trip drive and picnic. 

The mot garage was out in the sticks and really did not have any work on because of the cv situation so he was happy for the trade - a proper classic car friendly place too. 

cheers

dave

We went for country drive in the TR6 to Swithland Wood, part of the National Forest, for a picnic and lovely walk with bluebells, bird song and dappled sunshine. The car park was about half full with no issue with social distancing as there are plenty of footpaths and bridleways to choose from and not too many people. Really good to get out together and do something normal.

Mick

Yesterday I took a drive along the coast road between St. Just and St. Ives , (B3306), here in Cornwall. This is one of the Cornwall Group’s favourite roads. Here is a short excerpt from the video of the trip. I’m sorry but the quality of the video and audio are not what I normally expect from YouTube but the flavour is there. It was great to get some fresh air.

By the way, I can assure you that my speed was not as excessive as it might appear.

Rodders.

Edited by modelbuilder
Correction.
1 hour ago, modelbuilder said:

Yesterday I took a drive along the coast road between St. Just and St. Ives , (B3306), here in Cornwall. This is one of the Cornwall Group’s favourite roads. Here is a short excerpt from the video of the trip. I’m sorry but the quality of the video and audio are not what I normally expect from YouTube but the flavour is there. It was great to get some fresh air.

By the way, I can assure that my speed was not as excessive as it might appear.

Rodders.

Thanks for that Rodders, for those not leaving the house, what a treat,  amazed how little was on the road. 

cheers Derek 

Superb - and no emmets either.

Nice to see some open countryside. There used to be a few open areas round here but over the years the hedges have all been allowed to grow up.  You have to wait until winter when the leaves have gone before you can see much on either side. Driving a TR makes that worse of course, because it is so low to the ground. 

Edited by RobH

Morning all hope you are safe and well, had a early morning run to the Lambing shed to pick up some supplies, still does not feel right going out in the TR yet, hopefully we can get out and use the cars as they should be used soon,

Mike Redrose Group 

6F022A83-0069-4B7A-94B9-FAC5C32F5710.jpeg

I have been keeping out of the way from others but you guys really have tempted me out.

Still kept well away from everyone we had a drive out, been going here for years so pleasant drive, short walk in the wood then return to the car, parked up By the stream and listen to the water trickling by,  Fabulous, before returning home. 

Back  to isolating 

A0FAD85E-31B7-41A7-B940-144888C857FC.jpeg

EB146751-C0D5-4D73-B848-63A535F916E2.png

Popped over to Newlands corner for a picnic lunch with Mike M in his TR. lots of cars & motorbikes in the (free) car park, but everyone (that I could see) was keeping separated well enough.

Tomorrow TR goes to local trimmer to have the tonneau modified to go around the roll over bars.

Should have it back by the weekend.

Bob.

Decided to take the TR out today in the sunshine after getting my speedometer back after a rebuild. It was wonderful. We took the dog and a picnic. Sadly all the places where we could take the dog for a walk seemed quite busy so we came back and had a picnic at home!

This was our first venture out after self-isolating from 16/3 and we were rather nervous. We have been taking  our daily exercise and socially distancing on our walk which has been fine but venturing out in the car to take a walk elsewhere proved a bit nerve-racking.

Still, the drive was wonderful. Because we didn't stop, there were no photo opportunities until I got home so here is my TR on the drive with my partner and spaniel!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b19c.jpg

On 5/17/2020 at 6:57 AM, modelbuilder said:

By the way, I can assure you that my speed was not as excessive as it might appear.

Rodders.

Nice video Rodney, good to see you are still active with the gopro. The TR7 looks very happy on those narrow British roads.

Took advantage of a wonderful day, Wednesday, to go 'Open Air' dining on the Northern Fells.

Way off in the distance is the Top Ridge of The Lake district, around Ullswater. Busier than last week, but still acres of Social Distancing!

Stay Safe,

John.

may 20th 2020 picnic 013 x 2.jpg

may 20th 2020 picnic 014 x 2.jpg