Where did you drive to with your TR today

I find it most encouraging to see no posts on this thread since 8th April. It is clear that Register members and other enthusiasts are heeding HMG strictures on unnecessary journeys, or are there transgressors who are concerned not to incriminate themselves!

Tim

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

Not been in the tr since this started. And I need to test my new suspension. !! And now alternator conversion. 
but I haven’t been in any car or shop since this started. 

I just walk the 2 dogs daily on their usual route that we are all getting bored with. 

stay safe everyone. 

12 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Not been in the tr since this started.

I have!

Well, only in my imagination. On the plane, off at Manchester, Craig to pick us up. Drive to TR Bitz. Drive down the motorway, with top down, on aeros, ferry, and long back to Cork. Smiles all round.

Stay safe, one and all!

Hi Hamish,

Similar situation overhauled the brakes, need to test as live on a hill. Racetorations rear shock conversion unable to test sufficiently on the drive.

Dash out to refurb gauges and put a clock in to make sure I'm back on time for dinner...no problem at the moment and my dogs are getting bored, have taken to playing hide and seek !

Stay safe all.

IMG_2683 (3).JPG

OK, time to come clean. It's easy for me to be self righteous since at present I couldn't be driving anywhere in the TR anyway since all that remains in the garage is as shown herewith! On 9th March I dropped the car off at a local, highly recommended body shop for professional attention to some rust on both front wings. Within three weeks the proprietor had no choice but to shut down sine die as a non essential business. The wings had already gone off for sand blasting so the car was undriveable. I have advised my insurer of the TR's new location and just have to be patient. Nothing else needed doing on the car so at least I don't have the frustration of not being able to get on with various jobs during the enforced lockdown.

Tim 

April 2020, what's left of TR in my garage.JPG

I've pushed the Stag and TR part way out of the garage for about 8 hours or so - just to get the tyres loaded in a different part of the circumference - once a week, and put them back in a marginally different distance each time for the same reason. Both had a run the day before lockdown - may well take the Stag for a weekly shop next week to give it a run.

That's a concern I have Rod, that the tyres might flat spot while the TR is standing in the body shop. I did ask that the car be left with a gear engaged and the handbrake off to avoid stretching the cables.

Tim

Well if you have to go shopping for essentials anyway Dave why not give the classic an outing if the weather is so good.

Tim

We urgently needed milk for some tea plus everything else on the list. Cobwebs officially blown out on a trip to the nearest Tesco, which just happens to be a nice but sadly short country drive Great to hear the crackle from the exhaust.

Mick

20200424_135503.jpg

I’ll confess to having taken the TR2 and 4 out. Before you judge me it was to drop off food for a few elderly self isolating couples and my mother. Seeing the geranium TR2 dropping off there shopping made there day and we have had requests for return deliveries in what must be the oldest and best looking home deliver vehicle in our area. The only problem is with the roof down footwell, rear bulkhead and front seat loaded up with shopping wind does tend to blow the bangs around a bit. Already looking forward to next weeks delivery run.

Jonathan 

DD8FF459-0A36-4B86-8C30-ACA3177E2F8E.jpeg

Edited by Jonathan Smith
41 minutes ago, aardvark said:

Just been to our local shop.  Look like we weren’t the only classic there ...

DA8EAB8E-3873-4D0B-9142-18C7F53DC13A.jpeg

Dino? if so a very expensive classic!

Stuart.

52 minutes ago, Derek Hurford said:

I have to disagree Tom if you careful look at the paintwork the wheels the Surrey top and the Crome it’s looking “Mucho mejor que bueno”

Superb wheels, simply perfect! What would it feel like back on 4 1/2 Js, Derek?

Nice to see your carer looking well and happy Mike. 

:ph34r:

Not sure where to post this but ....

just saw this on the bbc website today - an article regarding 1970’s air quality. 

was this a photo of someone we know I wonder ...

A6D478CF-9E7E-42FA-B392-3EF094E0D2DA.png