• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

Didnt make it out on the roads today, but did try the new vinyl roof on for size and then stripped off the old hood and cleaned the frame up ready to fit.

think i’ll replace all  the ‘perishables’ too so feel a TRip to the TRshop coming on 

steve

7CD92BBB-E93B-4C06-9FDE-A9BC9EE0F865.png

2F063DA5-D3BF-4A14-B94A-C084B39AAA5E.png

First drive in Geoffrey since he came back from his major surgery in Somerset. Still running in but there's plenty of oomph there:D! It's been a long time coming what with all the work done and my "kneecapping" preventing me driving since early October. 

Edited by Ben Freer
14 minutes ago, Ben Freer said:

First drive in Geoffrey since he came back from his major surgery in Somerset. Still running in but there's plenty of oomph there:D! It's been a long time coming what with all the work done and my "kneecapping" preventing me driving since early October. 

So is Geoffrey a Revington special now then ?

15 minutes ago, Hamish said:

So is Geoffrey a Revington special now then ?

Oh yes! It was pretty good beforehand but worn out. Just needs the bodywork done now.......(famous last words!) but mechanically he's fighting fit. Still a bit of a struggle for me to get into the driving seat.....and even slower getting out again!

Good on you for looking after G

hope you both loosen up so you can both stretch your legs for many years to come. :D

Thinking one of the radiator hoses was the cause of me losing coolant I replaced all the hoses and took it out yesterday for a test drive. It was an unseasonably warm day, mid 40's F and the roads were dry. Test drive went well, none of the new hoses leaking but the apparent reason for the coolant loss was coolant peeing out of the water pump. New pump ordered.

Dec%2028%202019-XL.png

25 minutes ago, Lebro said:

Thames Valley monthly meet at The Surrey Oaks in Newdigate.

Good turn out of TRs, (but not enough with hood down !)

Bob.

I don't make many of the monthly meets (I could probably win an award for the least attending member!), but glad I was able to make it today. 

Have to confess I had my roof up too :D

Gareth. 

2 hours ago, foster461 said:

Thinking one of the radiator hoses was the cause of me losing coolant I replaced all the hoses and took it out yesterday for a test drive. It was an unseasonably warm day, mid 40's F and the roads were dry. Test drive went well, none of the new hoses leaking but the apparent reason for the coolant loss was coolant peeing out of the water pump. New pump ordered.

Dec%2028%202019-XL.png

Wow Stan,

that’s a small Ford:)

Cheers,

Waldi

3 hours ago, foster461 said:

Dec%2028%202019-XL.png

Does the TR fit in the back ?

On 12/28/2019 at 4:35 PM, Ben Freer said:

Great news Ben! Go steady with that knee.

Iain

Had a nice drive around the southern stretch of the M25 to get to the Thames Valley meet.

Had a nice chat with Gareth and Bob in the above posts.

Gareth asked why I went so far to a group meet (30+ miles instead of the normal 8 for my local group) - simple answer 'the Surrey Oaks does some very nice beer'

The M25 was behaving itself for a change  both going and coming back. 

Roger

1 hour ago, Crawfie said:

Does the TR fit in the back ?

Nope. The truck (aka TR recovery vehicle) is the smallest of the Ford trucks, an F150 crew cab with a 5ft bed so no chance of fitting a 13ft TR in the back. 3.5 ltr 375 HP twin turbo makes it a great tow vehicle while getting reasonable gas mileage around town. Around here, every other vehicle on the road is a half ton truck like the F150 - Chevy Silverado, Dodge Ram, Toyota Tundra etc. While it is a small truck, the TR's still look like a toy next to it.

Stan

Spotted a nice Yellow TR6 with matching hardtop today on the A40 at Gerrards Cross, waved, no response !

Wife then pointed out we were not in the TR :wacko:

Corrected this with a run out into the Chilterns in the afternoon, hood down for coffee and cake in Wendover.

The weather looks good for Monday so planning a trip to The Cwtch coffee shop at Willow Marina near Wargrave for a spot of lunch with a friend who has an MG..education still in progress.

Phil

4 hours ago, RogerH said:

Had a nice drive around the southern stretch of the M25 to get to the Thames Valley meet.

Had a nice chat with Gareth and Bob in the above posts.

Gareth asked why I went so far to a group meet (30+ miles instead of the normal 8 for my local group) - simple answer 'the Surrey Oaks does some very nice beer'

The M25 was behaving itself for a change  both going and coming back. 

Roger

Was nice to meet you Roger, I'd not realised it was you...from 'here', so I can put a face to a name at last. 

Gareth.

7 hours ago, Mk2 Chopper said:

Was nice to meet you Roger, I'd not realised it was you...from 'here', so I can put a face to a name at last. 

Gareth.

I've been trying to get him to visit the Sir John Soanes museum in Lincoln's Inn Field to see his namesake's paintings The Rake's Progress and An Election, without success, see if you can talk him into it.

1 hour ago, little jim said:

I've been trying to get him to visit the Sir John Soanes museum in Lincoln's Inn Field to see his namesake's paintings The Rake's Progress and An Election, without success, see if you can talk him into it.

Sounds like it depends on the pubs around the museum whether or not you'll get him to go :D

2 hours ago, little jim said:

Hi LJ,

I promise 2020 is the year for it to happen - honest.

Roger

We always tried to get the London TR Group to drive into London, but they never would although we did often. The only time any of them ventured into London was when TS2 was being driven from group to group around the country but then I think it was only Roger brave enough to drive TS2 into London and back and forth across Westminster Bridge several times to get a decent photo.

Edited by SuzanneH