Where did you drive to with your TR today

"sorry for my grammar and orthography; I´m not native english speaking"

your photos certainly make up for any minor shortcoming in your English.  Truly beautiful photographs Marco.  Love the colour,  love the car,  and love the scenery - Thank You.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset at John o'Groats

Took my cousin out to lunch. She was born in 1918.   Tom

Lovely end to a lovely day. Crisp winter coastal run, and down to the beach for a stroll at sundown.  Happy new year all, Deggers

Posted Images

Hi,

today out for a 100 miles drive to "Hohenstadt" and back to visit their craftswork market.

Sunny but cold day after the first night with temperature below 0°C, due to the cloutless sky this night.

P1140497-b.JPG.0f30abbb7162746cfc3bc276c0d75c4b.JPG

The trees nearly lost all their leaves from the frost, anyway nice to see with the warm light.

P1140511-b.JPG.a1c80076615820c8c486c7c5763802b3.JPG

P1140517-b.thumb.JPG.fdedce9d4a8453daae3b7c446245a7d0.JPG

That's "Hohenstadt" with its church and Palace, the young countness / count of Adelsmannsfelden live here

and try to renovate the families palace, but this is like a "barrel without base".

P1140522-b.JPG.b21d5ab3e14c5f8c3ba33bbb0b56d2cb.JPG

Met some friends there by accident.

Nice view on our way back, with a short brake for two cappuccini and a cake at a classic car center.

P1140529-b.JPG.2f72224319c208634e16eddc033a36d7.JPG

P1140538-b.thumb.JPG.79bfdf4a9120f01aec83337c58d5b12b.JPG

Very nice day at this autumn, the car worked well.

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320
17 hours ago, Z320 said:

cloutless sky this night.

P1140497-b.JPG.0f30abbb7162746cfc3bc276c0d75c4b.JPG

P1140517-b.thumb.JPG.fdedce9d4a8453daae3b7c446245a7d0.JPG

Gorgeous autumnal photos Marco, might I book my holiday with you ! ?

You're rising to my 'challenge' well indeed, the standards have been set very high indeed. B)

But might I ask of these particular photos ..what's with the splayed front wheels.?   I'm not smart enough to suggest anything  - but I'd simply not noticed the apparent phenomenon before, if anything I generally see the opposite  (..perhaps unless a brief answer - to avoid thread drift,  it might be a separate topic).

Similarly Sean, super photo of a lovely car. It's not very often I see a car park shot which is so attractive.  Perhaps because that hue of red together with the light cream (beige ?) coloured interior is particularly fetching.  

Thank you both for sharing.

Pete.

Popped over to Stokenchurch to see the 101 silhouette soldiers and the poppies. Didn't take a photo as I was driving and the sun was against me.

You only really see the art work when almost upon it driving East - just before the cutting.

Very clever artistic work.

Roger

Hi Pete,

indeed the wheels look splayed but they are not.

Just checked it with a level at the garage and as I remember it is only a minimum negativ, not worth to mention.

My wife has some more photos on her camera, I just have to ask he to load them on the computer.

Ciao, Marco 

10 hours ago, Bfg said:

Similarly Sean, super photo of a lovely car. It's not very often I see a car park shot which is so attractive.  Perhaps because that hue of red together with the light cream (beige ?) coloured interior is particularly fetching.  

Thank you Pete. Its really nice to get a complimentary comment. I think I just managed to find a parking place positioned perfectly for the low afternoon sunshine. The colour is carmine red and the interior is Light Stone Beige from John Skinner

Hello All,

Took my ’59 Triumph TR3A, my daughter and myself down to a birthday party at the Pizza Express in Woking this afternoon.

Please bookmark this post in case I need it for an alibi in 20 years time.

Charlie.

On 11/17/2019 at 7:09 PM, Charlie D said:

Hello All,

Took my ’59 Triumph TR3A, my daughter and myself down to a birthday party at the Pizza Express in Woking this afternoon.

Please bookmark this post in case I need it for an alibi in 20 years time.

Charlie.

I saw you there guvn'r. 

This Sunday went along to a breakfast meet (had a full English), with some interesting cars including a Stanley steamer.IMG_20191117_165232_965.thumb.jpg.13af85d95382deeeceee2aa2b4a36f16.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Derek Hurford said:

Perrrrrrfic, Fab u lous , 

Totnes, Dartmouth, Kingsbridge back to Totnes then Home approximately 60 miles round trip.

Great pics Derek

slapton  and Blackpool sands

lovely area. 

Managed a quick 20mile run out to check my new 4.1:1 and LS diff.

All good so far. Needed fresh fuel to make it run great. 

H

I took my TR to the body shop today, finally, for final bodywork and painting as part of a full restoration. Can’t wait to see it finished.

Waldi

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday was a bit of a wash out. It revolved around a set of TR4 fibreglass wings. . .

The basket-case TR4A  (..I’m still hoping buy in America) has GRP wings supplied & fitted in 1965 by SAH.  These had slightly wider flared arches to accommodate the magnesium alloy wheels, likewise supplied by that company.  In subsequent years ; one rear wing had been smashed and a replacement (without the wider flare) had been found but never fitted. And those wheels have been sold off and replaced with a set of Mustang alloys, also of wide profile but styled rather like a minilite.  

I’m happy to have fibreglass wings on my car, not least because I want a driver which is less precious to drive as a daily or in a spirited way ..and also because I also value the weight savings in each corner of the car.  I used to build kit-cars with fibreglass panels, so GRP doesn’t worry me.  However the wide minilite-style alloy wheels would (imo) look better on a TR6 or 8.   For the TR4  I’d personally be happier with the original skinny steel wheels. 

There was a scruffy but otherwise good set of standard TR4 wheels on ebay ..but they were up in Barnsley, Yorkshire.  So, before I bought them, I asked around on another car forum to see if anyone might convey them south for me. Very kindly a chap living in Barnsley, Simon, said his parents lived in Lincolnshire and that he could bring them that far when he visited.  And another equally generous gentleman, Keith, said he worked up in Lincolnshire a couple of days a week, and otherwise lived just 10 miles from myself here in Suffolk. And he too would gladly bring them down for me.  Excellent !

..with that arranged I bought the wheels and let the parties get together for the exchange and conveyance. Simon collected the wheels from the seller, but since then (8 months ago) the conveyance didn’t managed to happen. Communication issues, illness, a change of job for Keith, and so forth.  So I said ; no problem I’ll drive up and collect them myself from Lincolnshire.

Then recently, a set of fibreglass TR4 wings also came up for sale on ebay, which I thought would be useful as repair panels ..because those on my car were mismatched and quite probably damaged after all these years. The seller was in Lincolnshire, but that was less of an issue because I need to get up there to collect the wheels anyway.  I ‘won’ the set of four panels for £41.  Great. I was happy with that.

However, it turned out the wheels are still up in Barnsley, and Simon is very poorly ill and not driving. I had thought the wheels were left at his parents.  Expletive - This wasn’t going to plan.!  It’s not economical for me to drive all the way up to Barnsley for a £50 set of scruffy steel wheels. And so unless other arrangement might be made they can be scrapped.

I really ought to collect the grp panels.  Never mind I thought “look on the bright side.”  I’d not been to Lincolnshire since the 1980’s when I exhibited the kit cars at Newark, and so this ought be a pleasant drive in the Norfolk and Lincolnshire countryside. Sunday was forecast to be beautiful sunny day, so on Saturday I dropped the seller a note to ask for a collection address and if  it would be OK.  Unfortunately I didn’t get a reply until midday Sunday ..which was then too late.  And the address was another 25 minutes further away,  so now some 3½ hours drive away.

Still the weather forecast was dry for yesterday (Monday), so I rescheduled to drive up then.  That was a mistake. Here in Suffolk we sort of joke about “Norfolk time” being slower than anywhere else. Lincolnshire drivers appear similarly inclined. And the road network north from the A14, at Newmarket, to Lincolnshire is founded in the agricultural 1950’s.  Of course nowadays the amount of  traffic and number of HUGE lorries is quite contemporary. 

And then there’s a flood basin around the ‘Six-Mile Road’.  Apparently it’s there to protect Cambridge.  The flood gates had been opened and the flood plain was well.. flooded.   It was only a ten mile diversion (..either way) but in that stream of traffic, at that pace .. wasn’t part of my idea of a pleasant drive in the countryside.  And of course ; those panels weren’t worth the additional cost of £50 in diesel.

Hey Ho !

Today we popped out for a drive all of 2 miles.

We went down to our local canal.  Guess what !!!!!!   we have a Banksy on the banksy of the canal.

Not too sure what the theme is. The word PEACE is made out of AK47's

There is a deep sea diver with three other chaps standing by - could this be linked to the Beatles who had their records made just a mile away.

There is a water rat next to a barrel (may be)

Somebody had attacked it with red hearts etc so the council covered it over with plastic.

Roger

DSC_4503a.jpg

DSC_4508a.jpg

DSC_4509a.jpg

Edited by RogerH